Primitive Technology:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primitive Technology:

Make bamboo tents and create a yard - full video (Primitive-Hut)

It's not often you see a young woman doing this kind of work... as it says in the comments...

Bravo young Lady. Incredible labour intensive work and knowledge.

Alastair

Re: Primitive Technology:

There is another series on Primitive Technology...

Primitive Technology: Wattle and Daub Hut

I built this hut in the bush using naturally occurring materials and primitive tools. The hut is 2m wide and 2m long, the side walls are 1m high and the ridge line (highest point) is 2m high giving a roof angle of 45 degrees. A bed was built inside and it takes up a little less than half the hut. The tools used were a stone hand axe to chop wood, fire sticks to make fire, a digging stick for digging and clay pots to carry water. The materials used in the hut were wood for the frame, vine and lawyer cane for lashings and mud for walls. Broad leaves were initially used as thatch which worked well for about four months before starting to rot. The roof was then covered with sheets of paper bark which proved to be a better roofing material (*peeling the outer layer of bark does not kill this species of tree). An external fireplace and chimney were also built to reduce smoke inside. The hut is a small yet comfortable shelter and provides room to store tools and materials out of the weather. The whole hut took 9 months from start to finish. But it only took 30 days of actual work (I abandoned it for a few months before adding bark roof, chimney and extra daub ).

Alastair

PS I you look at the menu bar at the foot of the video you'll see a CC and if you click that you'll get text notes as the video progresses.

Comment

Working...
    X