• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAF Lossiemouth 'fantastic base'

RAF Pilot talks about the RAF base.

Alastair

Re: RAF Lossiemouth 'fantastic base'

It's about time ES supported a base in Scotland! Well Done Alastair!

Here is the link to the actual AFB.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/raflossiemouth...otherunits.cfm
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

It's not like we haven't tried before Kelly... been trying to do so for some 20 years now but it needs locals to get involved to make it happen. It seems like this time it might work out.

Alastair

Comment

I used to take my family to Elgin for a few holidays, the first time we were there we were sitting on the lovely white sands at Lossimouth, had no idea there was a base there. Had my 3 young children digging in the sands the a roar of a jumpjet as it went into the air above us was tremendous. 3 little tearful children had to be reasured the plane was not going to land on us.. We went there for 3 years in a row and had a lovely time exploring the area.

Comment

We've got one account in of a holiday in Lossiemouth with a few pictures taken while they were there. Feel free to email me with a longer article on why you enjoyed Lossiemouth for a holiday and send in some pictures. Or of course you can just post that information here if you wish.

I'm trying to get some local Lossiemouth people to share their experiences of the town and to donate some pictures but they're a bit shy.

Comment

Working...
          X