A new video introduction to Electric Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new video introduction to Electric Scotland

I thought I'd try doing a new video introduction to the site and post it on YouTube. It turned out it was 17 minutes in length and thus got turned down so I had to do a wee bit of editing to get it down to the 15 minutes they allowed.

Here it is if you want to watch it...

Alastair

Re: A new video introduction to Electric Scotland

Alastair,

Enjoyed your film debut, Youtube commands a large audience,hopefully we will receive a few extra members. (Some Scottish Business institutions participating would be great)
    We will now await you treading the "red carpet" at the 'Oscars' or Cannes.
    Gordon.

Comment

Allie,

I think this is perfect! Good idea!
      kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Thank you both. I am considering doing some others but concentrating on different aspects of the site. For example we have one page on Historical Articles and I often think there is a ton of great information in there. I thought I might do one video to explain what can be found on that page.

I just put my camera on a wee shelf and switch it on and just talk. It is actually pretty easy to do. And of course by uploading them to YouTube it means they stream very well and can be included in our community.

Comment

You have the perfect voice for it. It is a very clever idea, You should try a page or two!

Comment

Alastair,
            Just watched your video and I agree with everyone. It is a great idea and you did a great job.

There is just one thing though. You sounded...well...different. Like you had a Scottish accent or something!!!!!

Comment

Diane,

You cheeky thang! Lol

Comment

My accent seems to change from time to time. While working in Birmingham in England I shared a flat with a chap from Northern Ireland and I seemed to take on a Belfast accent. Then I worked in Wales for 6 months and seemed to take on that Welsh lilt. A couple of years back I attended the SNP conference in Inverness and a chap there couldn't make out my accent until someone mentioned I was just back from Canada... he said that's it! It's a Canadian accent!!!

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                X