It's snowing in Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's snowing in Scotland

I don't remember there ever being that much snow when I lived there. My cousin, who lives just outside Nottingham, just posted on Facebook that she can't believe it's snowing AGAIN! Most unusual for the midlands and London to get so much snow.
    I suppose it's a bit like the rain we've been getting here.....the wettest Spring on record, they say. We're sick of the rain and I'll bet they're sick of the snow in the UK.

Elda

Comment

I just heard on the news tonight that they expect this weather to continue through into the New Year! Hey... one good thing about that is they'll all get a White Christmas!!! <grin>

Still no snow where I am in Canada!

Alastair

Comment

I have made a few friends from Fife and they are kind enough to share some pictures from there.
        Attached Files
        kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Over Saturday and Sunday, we all pulled together and had the front slip road and the back road clear of snow.

I even managed to dig out me car, start it up, and cleared it from snow... ready for use.

A lot of folk away to work in cars this morning, but by 10:00 it was snowing again, and by 14:00 there was a foot of snow over all the cleared areas and also on top of the mounds from the prior clearing.

I do not see how those that managed to get to work before the snow, will manage to get home.

According to the forecast, there is more snow to come for at least another three days......

It will be weeks of sunny weather, before the mounds of 'cleared' snow will be gone.

I'm going to bed...... and not getting up until the spring lol

Ranald the Eskimo

Comment

And so this would be a great time to see if you can build an igloo Ranald <grin>

Alastair

Comment

Alastair, I do not have to build one, the Eskimo family have already built it for me..... lol

Ranald

Comment

I just saw the news tonight and they are showing how Scotland is once again being hit by the snow. That's the worst snow I can ever remember in Scotland or at least it's gone on much longer than I can remember.

Alastair

Comment

People are getting stranded in their cars for up to 11 hours. Falkirk is hardest hit. I hope our Ranald is safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly d View Post
                    People are getting stranded in their cars for up to 11 hours. Falkirk is hardest hit. I hope our Ranald is safe!
                    Hope fully Ranald will be tucked up inside with a wee dram or three to keep him company.

I have quite a few cousins in Falkirk also.

Comment

Gordon,

I hope they are all okay up there! Falkirk is where I want to eventually live before I die!

Comment

Hi, yes I am still here, despite even more snow.

The forecast is better but, as you will see from the attached photos, it will be some weeks, before that area is cleared up.... grrrrrr

Photo 90 icicles on roof melting and landing on front steps, then freezes...... very dangerous.
                        Photo 96 can you see my car !!

Family and friends very kind, by keeping me supplied with food.

Thanks for the concern, but I'm fine and have been shoveling snow as good as the next person lol

Ranald
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Ranald; 8 December 2010, 11:20. Reason: spelling

Comment

Ranald,

Good to know you are safe! I would be afraid of you falling and breaking something! Hugs

Comment

Just spent about 90 minutes waiting for a bus that did not turn up. I have to think that today has been the coldest so far. And yet there are still people going about without hats, gloves or coats...
                            Forecast is for rain tomorrow so maybe all this crap will disappear.
                            Something like living in Calgary - freezing one day and 20 degrees warmer the next day.
                            Next year I am definitely spending winter in Canada - where you can get warm!!!
                            Sandy

Comment

I have been sent a series of photos, understood to have been taken somewhere in the USSR...

I attach two for example..... thank goodness it is not like that in Falkirk !!

Ranald
                              Attached Files

Comment

I guess I never realised snow was such an oddity in the UK. Y'all have gotten WAY to much of the white stuff tho. Ranald...you be careful out there shoveling!

Comment

Working...
                                X