Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's snowing in Scotland

Sandy,

I got stuck the first year we moved over in the first snow storm in Feb 04. I was leaving the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle. A group of us waited 3 hours for a bus that night. It took me 4.5 hours to get from Gosforth to Throckley. I was frozen and soaked to the bone. I promised myself never to be put in that situation again. I carry a hat, gloves and scarf with me at all times now!
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Big thaw here in the south west tonight which may create even more problems.
      If it rains as well - WOW!!!

Comment

Well, you guys in the Uk and elsewhere up north may well be feeling a chill in the air...but lets face it it is your Winter...
        Down here in the sub-tropics it's usually quite balmy...or should that be barmy...
        Here's a photo of what's happening down here in the middle of our summer!
        This photo was taken at Mt Hotham in Victoria today.
        Attached Files
        Euan..

Comment

Euan...... wanta buy a set of rusty snow chains, second hand so going cheap.... you also pay for postage !!

Ranald in sunny Scotland.... (well not at the moment !)

Comment

At the moment Ranald, is right...

At least this time it isn't as bad. I had a thought, there are numerous Smart people in the UK. Why do we have to buy salt and grit from the EU when we can make it right here? It would make a few hundred jobs and our roads will be better looked after!
            kellyd:redrose:

Comment

It's an ice skating rink in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I arrived at 3:00 pm MST on December 24th. Within 20 minutes I joined the A & E club (this is a pg website). My shoulder is still throbbing this morning. The wolfhounds thought it was funny, though

Comment

Blizzard conditions will develop with heavy snow and strong winds.
                Travel will become difficult, if not impossible with whiteout conditions and significant blowing/drifting. We'll have north winds of 20-40mph with higher gusts. Lows will be in the mid 20s.

You can read more about here.
                http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ast&id=6563415
                Marie

Comment

I hope the weather front (snow) does not extend as far as Canada. My daughter and son-in-law, the young grandsons (2) plus extended family [of son-in-law] have just about finished 3 weeks in US & Canada.As of 26th the left Lake Louise [Fairmont Chateau], drive to Calgary 27th, flying Alaska Airlines and Air Canada.

Comment

After a slight thaw yesterday, we have had another Cm (about 1 inch) of snow this morning......... and the sky look heavy with more snow to come.

There are still great mounds of cleared snow all over the pavements, and at the road side.

Roll on the spring

Ranald

Comment

Were growing webbed feet here..haven't seen so much rain in decades, three quarters of the state is in a state of emergency, roads cut towns isolated and houses inundated..we also recorded 100% humidity today.(so says the weatherman).
                      Euan..

Comment

Euan, it looks as if you already have the spring..... yes the spring of water !

I have been watching the news showing the terrible conditions you are experiencing, but not much I, or anyone, can do to help.

Regards

Ranald

Comment

Gordon,
                          The two-day blizzard that attacked the East Coast on Sunday, the worst in four years, was over by late Monday morning, churning to oblivion in the Canadian Maritimes and leaving a trail of disruption in a dozen states from the Carolinas to Maine. The New York area and the Northeast took the brunt of it. Knee-to-thigh-high snows were common, and officials said it would probably take days to dig out.
                          Hope your Family doesn’t live near there.
                          Marie

Comment

We are going to have 43C for New Years Eve.... Will be at home with aircon on and fans too..

Comment

I saw that on the news last night Mary:frown: I don't envy you unless it's a dry heat.........dry heat is tolerable.

All the best for New Year.

Elda

Comment

Here is a photo I took from a park adjacent to our house, on 11 Jan 2011.

The two mountains are north from Callander, and are some 41 miles distant from our house.

On the left is Ben Ledi which is 879 meters

On the right is Ben Vorlich at 985 meters

Both of which I have climbed .... in the past lol

Ranald
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Ranald; 13 January 2011, 19:06. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X