It's snowing in Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's snowing in Scotland

I hear via my Scottish Facebook relatives that it's snowing in Falkirk. I told them they can keep it. I don't care if I never see snow again as long as I live. It's cold and wet :unimpressed:

Elda

Re: It's snowing in Scotland

Elda,

It is messy here in Hartlepool too. It started snowing two days ago but this morning, the sun is out. I love the snow but do not care for the slippery sidewalks.
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

We were out for a meal last night. We left the restaurant and went back to our friends' house for a wee drink and a chat. Around 11pm we heard the wind sooching in the chimney and looked outside. We thought we were back in Canada!!!
      After about 30 minutes the snow passed and had dumped about 3 inches. We could not get a taxi - all off the road! - so walked home. Actually was not too bad and this morning took the dog out for his walk and took a couple of pics.
      Forecast is that this may last for 2 weeks so this is the Global Warming effect presumably.

Was hoping to have attached a couple of pics but have forgotten how and could not find out how...

Sandy

Comment

Here in New Jersey west of me it was snowing yesterday and today.

Just a very high wind right now where I live.

Last year we lost all our electric when the Tree's fell on the wires.
        Marie

Comment

We have had snow on snow on snow !!

No sooner cleaned the paths, than down comes another inch of the stuff!!

Roads closed all over the place, many, many people not even trying to go to work. Most cannot get car out of driveway...

Going to try and attach some photos,..... worked but with help from Alastair.....

The last photo shows the snow on the kitchen window sill !!

Ranald
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ranald; 29 November 2010, 12:32. Reason: added part of line

Comment

I thought I had lost the picture of the kitchin window, and took another one but by then the light was poor due to another snow storm.

I found the original and attach it here.

Ranald
            Attached Files

Comment

I was just watching the BBC World News and it showed the snow in Scotland. It was saying it could go down to -20 tonight.

They mentioned that the A9 has had to close.

Alastair

Comment

Britain's 2010 Snow Storms- Predictions Completely Wrong

Alastair

Comment

Not sure if you can view this but it's the STV report on the snow in Scotland.

http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=376542930...d=690901457001

Alastair

Comment

Apparently a lot of schools are closed. My niece couldn't get to work in Stirling as she couldn't get her car out and the buses weren't running. Her brother's high school was closed. Brrrrrrrrrrr! It looks awfully cold :unimpressed:

Elda

Comment

As we have had more and more snow, overnight and during the day, I spent a lot of time clearing paths and steps.

Here are some update photos. It is even snowing now, and all my paths are back to white *$*&&^ !!

Ranald
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Ranald; 1 December 2010, 14:33. Reason: added more words to a line

Comment

These pictures look like they are just 4 colours Ranald and look mostly black and white. How are you doing the pictures to upload them?

Alastair

Comment

This is a picture that Ranald emailed me. It was 3.35Mb in size and 3264 x 2448 pixels. I took the file into my Paint Shop Pro program and resized it to 1000 pixel width. This brought the file size down to 74.5k. As a default I have compression on at 31% when saving a jpg file.

I have attached this new version...

I might add that doing a "Quick Reply" doesn't let you attach a file so to do that you need to click on the "advanced" tab.

Alastair
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the help and advice... I have never been down 'that' road before..

BBC has a very interesting photo, from a NASA satellite, showing the UK covered in snow.

Ranald

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11901718

Comment

It has been horrible here in Hartlepool, hail, rain, snow thunder and lightening all at the same time!
                              kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
                              X