iYogi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iYogi

Just out of interest I thought I'd mention this company as I use them for technical support and software issues.

For example as I was browsing the web today I hit a site that ended up placing malware on my computer and my computer became very sick indeed. This is despite me having full virus software on my computer which is meant to protect me from this.

I got quickly confused as Windows recognised I had a virus attack and wanted to run a malware scan of my computer but the program it brought up I didn't recognise as one that had been on my computer. Instead of letting it do the scan I decided to phone iYogi and they told me that I was correct in not letting it run as that was part of the attack on my computer and would have done more harm.

They were able to get me to the point where they could connect to my computer from their office and they then went through a full clean up process of my computer. I just sat back and watched them work.

They have what they call an "Ultimate" package which I subscribe to. My current subscription lasts for another 3 years. In the event that I sell this computer and purchase another one I can just transfer this package to the new computer.

I find when I really need support like this it is good to know I have somewhere I can go to get issues resolved.

Also if I'm not sure if I have a hardware error or a software error they can help me identify that. Like my DVD drive wasn't being recognised and by phoning them they were able to tell me it was a hardware problem and they transferred me to Dell to get the issue resolved.

I might add that Dell were also excellent as they quickly identified that I did indeed have a hardware problem and the very next day I received a replacement DVD drive.

One thing I did discover today is that I need to keep their phone number handy off my computer as with my computer being affected I couldn't bring up the data sheet to find their phone number.

The company is based in India and you can find them at http://www.iyogi.com/

Alastair

Re: iYogi

I meant to add one more bit of info. When they cleaned out my system they also did a PC Tune Up. I'd found that using my Internet firewall router that the Internet was very slow so I'd just plugged the network cable directly to the computer. They told me I'd see a good increase in Internet speed and indeed I did. So I then thought I'd try going through my router again and it was equally fast. So whatever they did I now have much better speed with my Internet connection.

It was actually the Internet support folk at my cable company that suggested I just plug it into my computer instead of going through the router and at the time it was certainly faster. But now I know that something else was to blame for the slow speed.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
    X