Rant about Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant about Email

I am getting increasingly fed up with the unreliability of email so decided to put up this rant.

Alastair

Re: Rant about Email

I'm currently starting my learning in Secondary School and we have no computer learning skills or no clubs at all, I think there should be though.

Comment

I definitely agree with that. I also think you should be taught what's possible using the Internet. Just because something hasn't been done it doesn't mean it can't be done. It's young people that are the future and one thing I have learned from all the history I've put up is that our ancestors were more inventive, visionary and enterprising. I think they were also more responsible. You should ask your teachers if they can't provide such. I remember when I went to school... and that's a lot of years ago... we had clubs every Wednesday. You got a list of them and you could choose any two to join per term. It was like a double period in that it was the last period on a Wednesday and then you stayed on for another period when school finished. One class I took was cooking and everyone laughed as I was the only boy to take that. BUT they stopped laughing when I produced all the food that I was able to take home and eat :-)

Perhaps you could get a few friends together that would be interested in a Computer Club then you could all approach the teachers together to see if they could help to form a club.

Alastair

Comment

As for the new jammed curriculum in Scotland its hard to fit anything else in, I got my school council rep to bring it up but it's not possible as they're is actually no one in the school who can provide enough information for computers who is available.

Comment

As it happens I do know Mike Russell who is minister for Education in Scotland so if you want to send me a private email telling me where your school is I could contact him on your behalf. Another idea is to get a group of interested friends and if you can get enough together you might approach the local computer company for help. While they will be a commercial company they may see value in helping out local school children.

Having said that you may wish to also talk to your parents as they also might be able to help.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
          X