ScotCards - our Postcard Service with audio messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScotCards - our Postcard Service with audio messages

It's been sometime since I used our Postcard service that I forgot how you can use it to send an audio message. I also had to work out how to do that and I admit it took a while so thought while I remember what I did it would make sense to tell you in here.

On our Menu Bar above you'll see EScotland. When you click on that one of the menu options is ScotCards. Clicking on that will take you to our Postcard service.

Membership is free but you do need to be a member to use the advanced options so you do need to sign in.

Having done that you'll see in the right hand panel a button for Voice Recorder. If you download that a wee window will come up which allows you to record your message. When you stop the recording you'll then have the option to listen to your message and if you didn't like it then just clear the recording and try a new one. When you are happy with it then choose Save to File. This lets you save the recording to your computer.

Then take the "My Albums" option from the Main Menu. When that screen opens you'll see various options including "My Music Album". Select that and you'll get a screen which allows you to upload your recording. Once done that's your voice message saved.

Now when you select one of the postcards you'll see you have the opportunity to personalize your card by selecting various options like image option, etc. and one of these options is to select music. When you click on that a window comes up offering you all the music you can select but at the top of the list will be your own recordings including the voice message you just uploaded. So just select that and go on to complete your card and that's it.

Hope you enjoy this facility.

Alastair

Re: ScotCards - our Postcard Service with audio messages

I'm not sure if this will work but here is a url to a postcard I just created...

http://www.scotcards.org/index.php?s...06409c9e0ef8cb

Alastair

PS It did work fine with the IE 8 browser but the audio was a bit broken up using Google Chrome for some reason. Hopefully you'll be able to see and listen to it ok.

Comment

Hi Alastair

It worked OK for me with IE8

A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
      to You, Steve, All members and Guests.

Ranald

And here is a poem for ALL

The Best Gift

I have a list of folks I know, all written in a book.
      And every year at Christmas time, I go and take a look.
      And that is when I realize that these names are all a part
      Not of the book they're written in, but of my very heart.

For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime.
      And in that meeting they've become the rhythm in each rhyme.
      And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim.
      I really feel that I'm composed of each remembered name.

And while you may not be aware of any special link.
      Just meeting you has changed my life a lot more than you think.
      For once I've met somebody, the years cannot erase
      The memory of a pleasant word or of a friendly face.

So never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine
      Of names on a Christmas list, forgotten in between.
      For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you,
      It's because you are on the list of folks I am indebted too.

For I am the total of the many folks that I have met
      And you happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget.
      And whether I have known you for many years or few,
      In some way you have been a part in shaping things I do.

And every year when Christmas comes, I realize anew
      The best gift life can offer is meeting folks like you.
      And may the spirit of Christmas that forever endures,
      Leave the richest blessings in the hearts of you and yours.

(Author Unknown)

Comment

Hey Ranald,
        Hope you are doing good. Thanks so much for that poem. I needed to be reminded how important it is when sending Christmas cards. Today I absolutely have to make out all my cards and get them in the mail. I have been looking at it with dread wondering if it matters if I send them or not. But after reading your poem, it reminded me how much the cards mean to me and the people I send them to. I will enjoy writing each one now, thanks. And Happy Holidays to you and everyone else.

Comment

I might just add now that I'm awake... if you have your own sound recording stuff you can make your own mp3 greeting and just upload it and thus not need the audio recorder we provide.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
          X