My Y-DNA Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Y-DNA Results

Paul Eric Ross and I, according to the results of the matches on the September test, may consider ourselves to be cousins . . . or as stated in the email, "This means that there is a 99% likelihood you share a common ancestor in a genealogical time frame."

At the time I responded to a request from Paul Ross, Commissioner from Arizona for the Clan Ross Association of the USA, I was not aware that he was the same person as the one in this match! In fact, Paul had been a Past President of CRAUSA. Paul's request on March 16, 2010, was as follows:
    "As the new Arizona Commissioner, I find myself in need of a new banner for the tent. The best picture I can find on the internet is a 9K JPEG which the flag company says is not high enough resolution. Do you have access to a picture of the badge in vector format, either EPS or AI format, or a higher res JPEG image? I have polled CRAUSA and have received no responses."

The crest in my Newsletter folder was a 1122 K JPG file, and this was sufficient for Paul to have a 2' X 3' flag made by May 12, 2010.

When Paul mentioned that he knew Sandy and Gloria and our Wendy Ross as well as our President Andy, I emailed some photos which Pat and I had taken. I added one from the Edinburgh Gathering of 2009 where we posed with Chief David Ross at the Ross Tent. This prompted Paul to send his Kodak Gallery slide shows of over 1000 pictures which he and Mary had taken in Scotland during their trip to Edinburgh and Tain. [I managed to get a partial picture of Paul from one of him on the Royal Mile.]

Cheers,
    Doug
Working...
X