• Show
Clear All

• Haplogroups of European kings and queens

Haplogroups of European kings and queens

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25236
    Stand Fast Craigellachie

Re: Haplogroups of European kings and queens

DG,

Something is wrong with the email and is not letting me retrieve your messages. Please send to my btinternet.com email? Thanks!
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Hi Kelly
      I was checking out your MtDNA U2 that is a very rare signature and comes from the first women on earth,,ie U1,U2,U3

Im not an expert on DNA but I have studied it intensly and become very good at it,If someone needs any help understanding there DNA or Haplogroups feel free to email or inbox me

Donald
      Last edited by Slichk_o_dine; 27 December 2010, 13:54. Reason: bad grammer
      Stand Fast Craigellachie

Comment

Thank you Donald!

Any help will be greatly appreciated! I know the female is very rare, The male is the puzzle. Let me paste a part of the email we recieved yesterday from Doctor Buchanan from the Family DNA research.

I have moved the kit into the 'Barra R1b' group and you can see that it falls in the lower part of the group because of the allele value of 13 at the ninth marker, where 12 is the usual value for these MacNeils. There are also some McDonalds who closely match this signature. This result indicates that your paternal line came originally from the west coast of Scotland, perhaps via Nova Scotia but not necessarily so.

We still do not match anyone exactly because of the above statement.

I hope you can make sense of it?
        Last edited by Kelly d; 28 December 2010, 04:53. Reason: add to

Comment

I think his is right that its from the west coast of Scotland,via Nova Scotia,Barra means Isle of Barra, comes from King Nial of the Nine Hostages of Ireland.it maybe classed M-222?

Try to join this project if they already havent contacted you.
          http://macdonaldblacksubgroup.wordpr...281-macdonald/
          Stand Fast Craigellachie

Comment

I think maybe this is the one your in already ?
            Stand Fast Craigellachie

Comment

So sorry, I overlooked this posting. Yes, this is where Familytree DNA originally put us but the MacDonald of Texas say we are not a close enough match to be MacDonald. I was reading about the two brothers over the MacDonald lands and the one brother is MacRanald the Black MacDonald. I wonder if this is why they put us in this group?

When we go to the Oxford system we match Neill/Donald/Buie and Cameron exactly! Just the 7 we are close to now. Should we be using the Oxford method?

Comment

The name Buie is also a sept of Clan Grant,MacRanald the Black MacDonald maybe MacRae/kinda like McRobie,my info is simular to yours.Im pretty sure that we are related somewhere.
                Also just the other day I got a 64/67 match with the name MacLeod,confirming my thoughts about Drummond/Robertson,,,connecting to Alexander Stuart the Wolf of Badenoch,plus also in the Stuart project its close to Alexander 4th of Stewart.

Makes me think of Siol Traquair or Siol Lewis now with the MacLeod thing.
                Last edited by Slichk_o_dine; 30 December 2010, 16:21.
                Stand Fast Craigellachie

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly d View Post
                  So sorry, I overlooked this posting. Yes, this is where Familytree DNA originally put us but the MacDonald of Texas say we are not a close enough match to be MacDonald. I was reading about the two brothers over the MacDonald lands and the one brother is MacRanald the Black MacDonald. I wonder if this is why they put us in this group?

When we go to the Oxford system we match Neill/Donald/Buie and Cameron exactly! Just the 7 we are close to now. Should we be using the Oxford method?
                  Either way your still Stewart of Appin.
                  Stand Fast Craigellachie

Comment

Donald,

I am sitting here quite dumb-founded! Where in the world did you get it to match Stewart of Appin? I have looked back and cannoe find the match. You speak of the 4th Alexander from the wolf, is he the one who married Catherine Sinclair and all his inheritance was taken away and his line made illegitimate? Everything I have actually goes directly into this line!

Thanks again for taking the interest in helping me to understand!

Comment

If you go have a look at the Stuart project youll see the core signature is MacLeod/Stuart and maybe exact signature of Charles II,Its not my kit,Also I been checking out your YDNA I would suggest that you join the MacLeod project for there are a number of William/Neill in that project.
                      Stand Fast Craigellachie

Comment

Thanks Donald,

I am going to research the core signature and what it means!

Comment

Donald,

My mother and I took a couple of hours together through chat to try and research what you have mentioned above. We must be doing something wrong because we are still one to three a way on identifying markers. It still shows paternal is McNeil of Barra and Jura.

The U2 connections are matching Irish/German family names. What have you discovered from the mita DNA?

Thanks!
                          Kelly

Comment

In your YDNA signature there is a 14,15,16,17 at DYS464 ,Buies is also Clan Grant sept,If your a 3 marker mismatch your still related MCA with the same within time line
                            Stand Fast Craigellachie

Comment

Each family or clan group eventually forms its own sub-branch and these branches are typically represented by at least one unique marker. In theory it should be possible to separate them but as yet no one has found more than 7 markers for the MacDougalls (Prof Sykes, 2004). With respect to R1a1 haplotypes, MacDonalds are quite easy to tell apart as they mostly carry a mutation from Lord John of the Isles (circa 1350AD); MacAlisters do not carry this mutation; and MacDougall data is not yet available. Therefore, MacAlisters are separable from MacDonalds but MacDougalls are not separable as yet.

If you look at the markers for Clan Donald R1a1 haplotypes, you will see a combination of two markers, DYS458 and DYS459a. Clan Donald have the combination of 16/8 for these markers, except for the Highland branch which has 15/8. Many more haplotypes in 67-marker format are needed for this to be definite about the Scottish Branch as a whole. With R1b1 haplotypes, ie. not ‘true MacDonalds’ (sic), it is practically impossible to tell the difference between these different clans. The most that can be said is that all the Clan MacDonald (Scottish Branch, Highland sub-branch), apart from ‘daughtered out’ and adoptees carry a SNP mutation which is not carried by lowland clans. The MacAlisters generally sit in the Scottish (Highland sub-branch) branch as well, as do the Alexanders, but there also appears to be a lowland sub-branch.
                              Stand Fast Craigellachie

Comment

Working...
                              X