Isla St. Clair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isla St. Clair

Isla has had a very broad career and only in the past fifteen or so years has her singing voice been featured in her work after transitioning from a career as a BBC television personality.

Here, I will try to attach a link to an Electric Scotland article on Ticonderoga

http://www.electricscotland.com/poetry/donachie/ticonderoga.htm[/URL]
    Last edited by miolchu; 9 January 2011, 14:50. Reason: trying out one of Alastair's suggestions.

Re: Isla St. Clair

Here is Isla singing a rewrite of Chi mi na morbhena called 'Hush'

Comment

Isla St Claire performs When Pipers Play. Introduction was narrated by Karen Matheson of 'Capercaillie'

Comment

I really like this song and have bought it on ITunes. I feel the same way when I hear songs from the past. It truly lives on in songs and stories.

Comment

Having not see this previously, I do remember Isla being a "presenter" on the Scottish TV program I used to watch. It would be broadcast in the middle of the night, but I'd record it. This was with the large Scot in kilt, a younger gal sometimes in kilt, & then Isla would go around Scotland, & talk about certain aspects of the landscape, or history. Her hair was lighter in color then, though. Just a short comment. I also liked the pipers marching up to the cliff edge. Gives me a thrill, kind of like seeing a large group of Mounties. Joan

Comment

She used to be in that show with Bruce Forsyth if I remember correctly but can't remember what the show was called.

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
              She used to be in that show with Bruce Forsyth if I remember correctly but can't remember what the show was called.

Alastair
              Wasn't the show called the Generation Game?

Comment

Originally posted by miolchu View Post
                Wasn't the show called the Generation Game?

Tom,

From the "Generation Game"

Gordon.

Metal Mickey on the Generation game with Larry Grayson, Isla St Clair, K9 (Doctor Who) Cyberman, (Doctor Who) R2D2 (Star Wars) Marvin (Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy)

Comment

Uploaded by STVPeople on Sep 14, 2010

On today's show host, Art Sutter meets legendary runner and Dundonian Liz McColgan, talks to the boy wonder of politics MP Charles Kennedy about televising parliament and TV editor of the Daily Record John Millar. There are live studio performances by Lorna Bannon and Isla St Clair, who was rocketed to fame as co-host of The Generation Game.

Comment

TV presenter Debbie Flint is a contestant on "Larry Grayson's Generation Game" easter 1981.

Comment

The TV show I do remember, was on within the last 5 years or so. There was a section in regard to travel in Scotland usually, such as visit to a museum in Edinborough. One time the large Scot in kilt & the younger girl drove in a road race in smaller cars...kind of through pine plantations, etc. Then also, there was a professor, from a college around Glasgow (?)....not absolutely sure. He talked about Scottish history. I remember their visiting the large statue of William Wallace. They went to the Highland Games, showing the cattle, the games & things like the caber toss. They also visited some computer nerds, who were working on computer games for the world. So, the game show tag isn't what I remember. I remember Isla singing sometimes out on a beach, on the North Sea. Joan

Comment

Working...
                      X