The battle has begun again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The battle has begun again....

Some of you old times on ES will recall the ugly battle i had some years ago with my wife (Sue),over her insistence in setting up her sewing machine in MY study...
    I won that battle, and rightly so, but i didn't give her credit for her long memory...
    I have now been informed my Golf Clubs must be removed from the study forthwith,(where they sit snugly in the corner out of the way), and be relegated to the garage!!
    Apparently, they get in the way when she cleans... I suggested i could place them next to the bed, where they would be handy when i go to play on Sundays, and promptly got the rounds of the kitchen for even suggesting it!
    I mean, where is a man supposed to keep his most valuable possessions? Vital tools to help keep ones sanity,a chance to get time away from the stress of running a household? An opportunity to release the pressure from a hectic lifestyle and i'm supposed to keep them in a dusty garage....!!
    Well i'll be digging my heels in over this....it's the Study or the Bedroom for my clubs, like it or not!
    Updates to come...

Euan..
    Euan..

Re: The battle has begun again....

Euan, good to see you are posting, watching the news, and it appears that you might just be spared the water....

No doubt you will manage to get to collect your XXX from the brewery.....

Best of luck

Ranald

Comment

Hey Euan
      at least you get asked to move them...
      Betty just moves my stuff and I only find out when I go to retrieve something.
      Don't how she manages in a 2 bedroom flat but my stuff regularly goes "missing"~~

You stick to your guns mate.
      Sandy

Comment

Euan,

Better tread carefully mate, you know how devious the the "Female of the Species" can be, :sly: if you go to the link you may have to guard against the ultimate form of feminine revenge........:eek:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/lba0108l.jpg

Comment

Hey,
          Well, I was not part of this board when you won you first battle, however, since no one else has made the other side's point of view yet, here I go!! First, you should NEVER forget how good a women's memory is when it comes to battles. Haha. I can go back 30 years to remind my husband of some of the things he has done and still feel mad about it. Second, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If she couldn't have a sewing machine up in that room, well, you shouldn't have your clubs there either. Maybe you can sweet talk her. Good luck.

Comment

Aaahhhemmm! I would make up a bed for YOU in the garage, if you were lucky! :sly::tongue:

Elda

Comment

lolol I am just going to watch this one!
              kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Well,Saturday is our tidy day...and i was asked by the "Boss" to remove my clubs from the study. Why i asked, regretting opening my mouth...Because i can't clean the study properly with those clubs sitting there. But they have been there for ages, why now do i have to move them? It's not like the study has ever been cleaned properly before, not to mention the rest of the house....
                Well..did THAT hit a raw nerve,toast and jam for dinner tonight..now why is there a pillow and blanket on the sofa?.Well at least i'll have Matilda for company!
                Euan..

Comment

One good thing about living alone is that where I put something, it stays! My late husband used to have his motorbike in my lounge in our first house as he said " it is too hard to get it down the steps in the back garden" he never did build the ramp he had promised and it stayed there for 2 years!

Comment

Pre marriage at my father's house........

My Austin 7 was parked outside the main window of the drawing room (nowadays called the sitting room), where I removed the engine which I dismantled and assembled in the pantry!

After marriage and with three kids......

In my present house I decided to replace all the furniture in the kitchen. The new worktop was so long I worked on it in the sitting room, Also in that room assembled the multitude of cupboards.

My wife was very pleased, not about the new kitchen, but getting her sitting room back.

As I was at my work all day and part evenings, I did not start the kitchen work until about nine PM !!

Ranald
                    Last edited by Ranald; 17 January 2011, 18:07. Reason: changed a word

Comment

Women can be sneaky devils...Sue decided to get the carpets cleaned today...Yup, that included the study..i came home today to find my Golf clubs relegated to the garage...Well i promptly picked them up and returned them to their rightfull place...The stand-off has begun...
                      Euan..

Comment

If Sue managed to take the clubs to the garage, perhaps you should ask her, to carry them when you are playing golf....

Should you take up my suggestion, then all I can say, Euan - it was nice knowing you !

Ranald

Comment

I have found some photographs for Euan to place around the home. :wink:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...es/eoln83l.jpg

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/abrn350l.jpg

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/twln105l.jpg

and finally this should make Euan No.1 "Man of the House"

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart.../dpan1285l.jpg

Comment

Ranald, i said that to her when she offered to come with me one day...She never suggested coming along again...
                            Euan..

Comment

Euan..... nothing ventured.... nothing gained ! lol

Ranald

Comment

Working...
                              X