This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

This forum is for discussing things you do in your leisure time. Perhaps camping trips, going for a walk, going to the beach or anything to do with your leisure time. Perhaps even discussing crafts you have taken up or hobbies you enjoy.

Alastair

Re: Introduction

Unfortunately I have lots of leisure time for a specific reason, not cause I am lazy. Haha. I read all the time and just love to watch tennis. My dog and bird take up a bunch of my time as well cause I just love them. My husband has taken me and the kids to the beach for 31 years as he is an avid surfer and I loved it. We still go all the time. He has competed in many tournaments. And yes, we do have surf in Texas, just need to have the right conditions and also may have to travel a little way to find it. Also, I go to watch him motocross. He is not so great with that, don't tell him I said so, but I enjoy watching him. My son loves surfing and was great at motocross til he got more interested in girls and all that includes. Haha. He was sponsored by Honda of America as well. My daughter loved horses, English riding, and I was involved in that sport too. Thanks for letting me ramble a bit. So, are surfing and motocross something you all do in the UK or Scotland?

Comment

Re: Introduction

I did for a time attend motor rallies in Scotland. I was one of the radio operators for those events when they were held in Scotland. As I was usually placed somewhere within the stages so I could observe any issues I got to travel on these roads and forest trails before and after the event. It's amazing how these cars tore up the forest tracks. I had to go real slow over them as my car didn't have a sump guard.

I haven't actually done any surfing. Most of my water time was in the Persian Gulf or around the Med when I was in Malta or in the river when I lived in England for a while.

Comment

Working...
      X