Windows7 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows7 Upgrade

I have been offline at home since needing to upgrade to Windows7. A recent trip to the nearest repair facility and a few hundred dollars later, I'm still offline. Next I will have to drive the computer to my internet service provider (60 mile roundtrip) so they can reinstall the software that runs my internet radio and its encryption keys.

Hopefully after that, find out why Windows 7 does not recognize my programs.

Re: Windows7 Upgrade

I upgraded my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 32bit. I got totally overwhelmed with Viruses and Trojans when i did that but after I cleared all that up everything worked well.

Alastair

Comment

Thomas,
      Judging by your photo I think it's about time you had a shave :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist that :laugh2:

Elda

Comment

You folks might want to consider MAC so you can have a life not consumed by the needs of your computers...

Comment

Better still install Linux....no trojans or viruses..and it's FREE!
          Euan..

Comment

Glesgalass re: It's about time you had a shave

The photo is a picture of Bean Sidhe, she kept my house from being boring for five years until she developed osteosarcoma. I use the picture to keep her around still when I need something to smile about.

As far as shaving goes, I do that daily as white whiskers make me look older than I want to be.

Comment

I was just waiting for Euan's reply...... lol

Ranald

Comment

Actually Ranald, as it happens i do have a machine running Windows 7 and to be honest i quite like it. I find it to be hassle free which is good for the rest of the family.
                However, getting back to the upgrading context of the thread, i would never "upgrade" using an upgrade disk, if i was to upgrade from XP or Vista (shudder) to Windows 7 i would buy a full copy. I say that because previously i had problems using upgrade disks for Win 95 Win 98 and i won't bother mentioning Win ME. Generally back then many people were finding their computers were conflicting with different software and causing problems. I think the cost of a full copy of Windows 7 is money well spent (if you want to run Windows).
                Now,should you want to run Linux Ubuntu, it never gets out of date, as updates become available, they can be automatically installed,keeping your machine in a constant state of updated readiness!
                As for the Mac, well as i now work in a store that retails Mac's i find them rather interesting, and i see them selling like the proverbial hotcake..However the 64gig Ipad looks rather smart, and i wouldn't mind one, however the higher premium insists that i have to wait.
                Euan..

Comment

Well, my computer has been in my internet service provider's shop for 9 days down waiting for them to reinstall their software. I am so rural that I have to either have telephone internet (too slow on old party line 2-wire telephone system) or radio internet. When the radio internet is up and running it works well. The internet service provider's software is proprietary and only they can install it and the encryption.

I was in the army for 10 years so I still remember how to hurry up and wait.

I am leaving for work an hour early these days and staying an hour later so I can have some quality time on ES while I am hurry up and waiting for my computer to be done.

Comment

That does seem to be a very long time for you to wait. Could they not have scheduled this so you only needed to be down for a day?

Comment

Alastair - "Could they not have scheduled this so you only needed to be down for a day?"

It would be nice. The problem is I have to take time off work and drive 60 miles roundtrip. They said they would try to get the computer done in one or two days but that does not seem to have happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X