Can't sleep!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't sleep!!

Lady across the road boards dogs now and again. She got a new one today and it hasn't stopped howling and barking.. Think I might find something with a sedative for the dog. Only kidding, wouldn't do that to an animal, I'll have the sedative instead!:unimpressed::crazy:

Re: Can't sleep!!

I would think your municipality would have an ordinance or two making your neighbor responsible for the behavior of her charges. Maybe she should bring the dog inside. It sounds a little traumatized by the boarding arrangement.

Comment

Yes, I agree with Thomas. It's pretty inconsiderate of your neighbour.

Comment

On the subject of sleep... I have just read an article in MacLean's magazine about sleep. Seems that teenagers have a natural tendency to stay up late and hence also sleep in. A college has taken this up and now starts their school at 10am although one teacher would prefer a start time of 11.30am. Seems the results are already interesting in that young drivers have see a 17% drop in accidents. Practical research into school start times suggests that teenage behaviour and attitudes can worsen when the day begins earlier and improve when it kicks off later. Early results also seem to suggest better exam results.

Alastair

Comment

Alastair, I must be a teen-ager, as I am at my very best, if I stay up late, and sleep in, in the AM. I even have dreams that I can remember better. Of course, in my career as a nurse, & a case manager, I often worked nights, or evenings. For me working days was hardest, as I am an extremely light sleeper, and often didn't get much sleep, & had to get up at 05:30. However, I am solving this whole problem, with having retired. Now I can stay up later, and do a little sleep in. BUT, I have two cats, and they are hard to control at times. They do not understand that their "mom" wants to sleep!! Just a comment...Joan

Comment

I usually work 11am to 11pm although hours can vary. I rarely get up before 10am and it's rare I'm asleep before midnight. I certainly like the idea of starting work at 11.30... a most civilized way of living <grin>

Alastair

Comment

Working...
            X