Am in Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am in Vancouver

Well I got to Vancouver only to find they've banned smoking in all the hotels. It's sure a tough life being a smoker in BC.

I've also got a problem publishing to the site. I'm quite sure it's a config problem on the server but Steve can't find out what it is so it looks like nothing new will be added to the site until I get back. That also means the newsletter will also be delayed in going out.

So seeing as I can't do anything on the site it looks like I've got some time to kill this moening so will see what I can get up to.

Alastair

Re: Am in Vancouver

Two things, both gustatory. First, Sea food. Second, Chinese food. I think that Vancouver is one of the most cosmopolitan places in North America.

Comment

Enjoy your visit Allie,

I am going to take Robbie and go to Ayr next week to do some serious researching. I have waited too long and I am stir crazy. Will bring my laptop with me and there is no smoking in all the hotel rooms up there as well!
      kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Hi Al,
        I am pretty sure that the "no smoking" setup is pretty common place nowadays where ever you travel...
        I guess you don't "get out much"!!!!~~~

Sandy

Comment

Hi Kelly,
          remember that Scottish records are centralised in Edinburgh and can be accessed online (for a fee of course).
          Take time to enjoy the town and the surroundings.
          Sandy

Comment

I'm glad I gave up. Thought you had given up too Alastair???? Everywhere you go these days is no smoking. Almost 1 year since I gave up. Don't miss it at all. I didn't know I had such strong will power otherwise I'd have given up years ago. Notice the difference in my bank account too :smile:

Elda

Comment

Actually I'm only bothered about smoking when I am working otherwise I'm not too bothered really.

Anyway... had an enjoyable trip and took lots of pictures which you can see at http://www.electricscotland.net/canada/vancouver

Alastair

Comment

Alastair,

Checked out the photographs, they look good,even the "Old Chap" standing in the snow scrubbed up well :tongue: [must have just had a smoke:smile:]

I was quite fascinated by the 'bendy bus' and the steam clock.
                I'm pleased the trip was fruitful for you.

Gordon.

Comment

Those are amazing! Vancouver is so breath taking! Thanks for sharing!
                  kellyd:redrose:

Comment

It was a real bonus to get the seaplane ride. They'd phoned them from the hotel but they couldn't fit me in so I just took a chance and went down there. I told them why I was in Vancouver and just asked if there was anyway they could fit me it for a trip so I'd still have time to catch my plane. To my surprise they phoned their marketing person and as a result they got me onto a seaplane on the last available seat and free of charge!!!

I sure didn't expect that and was willing to pay for my seat.

Alastair

Comment

Just send me the cash, and I will have a meal and a drink, to your good fortune....lol

Very pleased that you enjoyed the flight, but noted that there were no photos, while the plane was landing. It might be a rule?

You must reflect on how you would have managed with an old 35mm camera, the roll film would then have had to be developed !!

Ranald

Comment

Well as I was in the plane Ranald there was no way to take a picture of the landing :-)

It was however very smooth with less vibration than I've experienced in many conventional planes that have solid wheels and ground to land on.

On one charge of my batteries I took around 700 pictures and 4 x 2 minute videos.

Alastair

Comment

I know someone from Sydney who lived in Vancouver for a couple of years. She told me that Vancouver has the second most beautiful harbour in the world, next to Sydney :smile:

Elda

Comment

Well I haven't made it to Australia but have seen pictures of Sydney harbour which is stunning for sure.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                            X