• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAKED CORN

1 can whole kernel corn (don't drain)
    1 can creamed corn
    1 8 oz. carton sour cream
    1/2 cup canola oil
    1 box Jiffy cornbread mix (I use any of the small corn muffin mixes!)
    2 eggs (slightly beaten)

Mix together & bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
    Makes an 8" X 8" square dish/pan

I've made this for years, taking it to "potlucks", and passing it on to friends & family. Try it, you'll like it. PS: the only change I made in this was, it called for a stick of margarine melted, and I tried it with canola oil, which was no different! Thanks, if anyone tries it, let me know how you liked it. (Personally, I like to eat it cold, like the 2nd day, out of the refrigerator.)

Re: BAKED CORN

How much is a stick of margarine, I would like to try this but dont like canola oil. :-)

Comment

Mary...Not sure as so many margarines come in tubs now. If you buy margarine in the 4 sticks, each one stick would be equivalent to 1/2 cup, same as the oil. You could use another light oil, maybe sunflower, or corn oil? The tub margarines are not made for baking, more or less. They have added moisture in them. Your margarine would have to be in 4 sticks, just like the "real butter" comes in. Hope this helps?? Joan

Comment

Mary, I think what the Americans call a stick of butter or margarine is like our 250gm wrapped butter. Not sure though. It could be 200gms. Their measurements & weights are different from ours. eg 1 cup for us is 250ml but I think their's is 300ml. Try looking up weight comparisons on the internet.

Elda

Comment

Hello, our 1 cup measure is usually 8 ounces. 1/2 cup of margarine is a quarter, of a 1 pound package, of 4 sticks of margarine. am sitting here with my 2 cup measure (liquid), and 1/2 cup is 4 oz., OR, looks like 125 ml. We also use ml in the medical field!! (of which I was one, a nurse.) Sooo...we're not all that different. Please try the recipe, you will really like it. Serve it as a side dish for a meat, kind of like a starch/veggie dish. Very good. All who've used this are wild about it, & bake it for holidays, etc. Joan

Comment

Working...
          X