Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Deerhound

Hey,
    Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that the Scottish Deerhound won the "Best In Show" at Westminister. I have never heard of them, but was so glad.

Re: Scottish Deerhound

A little more information, and some pictures....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...best-show.html

Ranald

Comment

They are similar to Irish wolfhounds but of more refined build, sort of like a long-haired greyhound with a personality. They are wonderful dogs which is why Sir Walter Scott waxed poetical when writing of them "the most perfect creature under the heavans" - Walter Scott.

Comment

Hello, in regard to the Scottish deerhound...I had recorded the last 3 hours of the Westminster Dog Show. I first saw the Scottish deerhound in the TV series "All Creatures Great & Small". An old man had his deerhound in a baby buggy, and I was impressed that the dog was so calm. That's also what I observed in the lovely creature, Hickory, at the show. She just took it all in stride, had a wonderful calmness, and a great gait. Looked as though she could be really fast as well. The only problem with such large breeds, and like the Great Dane, is that they only live about 7 years!! Thanks for adding my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
        X