IAN RANKIN BOOKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAN RANKIN BOOKS

I have been a fan of Ian Rankin's series of books, with Rebus the detective as the main character. I believe that I have all of them. The story goes that Ian has "retired" Rebus, but after having read one of his newer books, I wish he would bring him back again. Some of the titles are: Strip Jack, Hide & Seek The Black Book, Tooth & Nail, Dead Souls, Black and Blue, Ressurrection Men, and many more. The setting is overall in Edinburgh, but there are a few that end up outwards from there. I enjoy the man's "rough edges", and the fact that he likes to listen to jazz. Of course, from my own knowledge, through Rankin's website, Ian himself is a music lover. He lives in Edinburgh, having first come from Fife. I have cousins in Aberdeen, although hadn't talked with them for years, until the last two years, when I found them again. But I tend to like all things Scottish.

Re: IAN RANKIN BOOKS

I always enjoyed the Rebus television series

Comment

I have a few of Ian's books. They are good mysteries.
      kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Regarding the DVD's or TV programs, which Rebus did you like the best? I liked the one who was older, although cannot think of his name at present. John Hannah, the younger guy, looked not rough enough. What do you all think? Also I enjoyed the supportiveness of Siobhan, his kind of sidekick. Let me know your opinions? Joan

Comment

I like the "older" Rebus, I think from memory I placed an episode or two on the "favourite television viewing" thread.
          Last edited by 1938 Observer; 24 February 2011, 23:19. Reason: added extra text

Comment

Working...
          X