Live Music in Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Music in Scotland

My wife and I are going to visit Scotland in November. Can anyone suggest venues where we might find live folk and blues music. Most of the tourist publications just mention spring and summer venues. Thanks in advance.:unsure:

Re: Live Music in Scotland

I wonder if the following site, would at least be a start for you?

http://www.gigguide.co.uk/index.htm

There are other sites, if you do a Google search for "folk music"+scotland

Where and when will you be located?

Good luck - Ranald

Comment

Thank you Ranald. We are arriving around the 7th of November and hope to visit Edinburgh, Invernes, the Highlands, Isle of Skye, Isle of Whithorn and if we have time Glasgow and St Andrews. We plan to be moving a lot.

Comment

Ward drop me an email a few weeks before you arrive and I'll send you a gig guide of Blues throughout Scotland and the north east of England.
        nitefiremusic@live.com

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Live Music Now Scotland covers the whole of Scotland and has given performances in venues throughout the country, in urban and rural areas from the Shetland Isles in the north to Dumfries and Galloway in the south, as well as most of the inner and outer Hebridean islands. Around 80 of Scotland's top young musicians, coming from classical, traditional, rock, pop and jazz backgrounds are part of Live Music Now Scotland, as well as a growing body of aLuMNi. LMN Scotland projects, performances and workshops, numbering around 400 events each year, take place in typical LMN settings, including special schools, residential and day care centres for elderly people, nurseries and centres for adults with disabilities. Live Music Now Scotland enjoys unique partnerships with National Museums Scotland and the National Galleries of Scotland which provide an even wider public with the opportunity of experiencing high quality live music in informal settings.

Live Music Now Scotland also works in partnership with several local authorities, particularly in delivery of its work with older people.

Live Music Now Scotland's Director is the lead officer for LMN International Development.
          Beauty

Hair Style

Skin Care

Comment

Working...
          X