I've published a book on Kindle eBooks and Smashwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've published a book on Kindle eBooks and Smashwords

I've published my first novel on Amazon Kindle eBooks and Smashword. It's a tacky romance novel with a bit of the paranormal (I'm Celt and Native...what would one expect?). I also have a website www.allisonshawbooks.com that you can visit to read the description and 1st chapter. The hero is Scottish and the heroine is blessed blend, a mixture of Native and Scots. If you read the sample chapter please leave me a critique letting me know whether you liked it or not and why. Thanks!

Re: I've published a book on Kindle eBooks and Smashwords

Well you got published, congratulations. I know a number of people with a literary bent that don't complete projects let alone try to find a publisher. Success comes from trying.

Comment

Our "forum Euan" should be pleased, he can now be a real life 'romantic hero' :tongue: [in print anyway]
      Congratulations on your novel :smile:Now I know why we have not seen you around the forum [too busy writing.]
      Last edited by 1938 Observer; 26 February 2011, 19:55. Reason: text

Comment

I also recently (not quite 2 months ago) "e-published" on Smashwords. But though they promised that by going through them I would also end up having my book available through Amazon, their Channel Manager still states that for Amazon, "Ship date TBD. Smashwords and Amazon are working to complete technical integration." They do show that my e-book was shipped to B&N, sony, Apple, Diesel, and Kobo... but not Amazon. Did you publish separately with Amazon?
        author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
        http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
        author page:
        http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

Excellent news on all who have been published! I need to check out your work and your publishers!
          kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Actually I published with Amazon first and then on Smashword. The formatting is a bit different for Smashword, which my hubby takes care of since I'm not the computer whiz.

Comment

Originally posted by apictish1 View Post
              I also recently (not quite 2 months ago) "e-published" on Smashwords. But though they promised that by going through them I would also end up having my book available through Amazon, their Channel Manager still states that for Amazon, "Ship date TBD. Smashwords and Amazon are working to complete technical integration." They do show that my e-book was shipped to B&N, sony, Apple, Diesel, and Kobo... but not Amazon. Did you publish separately with Amazon?
              Yes, directly with both Amazon and Smashword eBooks.

Comment

I'm working on our Amazon Shopping Mall right now and so far have categories for...

Scottish Books
                Scottish DVD's
                Scottish Music
                Scottish Food
                Scottish Apparel
                Celtic Jewlery
                Kindle
                Miscellaneous
                SF & Fantasy Books

In the event there are any authors out there do feel free to email me with your book or kindle book or indeed any DVD or Music that you have made available through Amazon and I'd be happy to add you in.

Right now I'm working on the USA store but do intend to do a UK and Canadian one as well. The hard work is of course starting this all from scratch but once up and running should be easy to add other items.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                X