Bad start to my week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad start to my week

I had a car accident on Tuesday evening. I was nearly squished between 2 semi-trailers at traffic lights. There was a semi in the right turning lane so all the traffic was going round from the middle lane. The semi had been involved in an accident with a car and was stationary. I was at front of line to turn right with a semi behind. I went forward when the lights changed and the semi came close behind, the stationary one decided to move and caught me on the drivers side and pushed my car almost into the turning semi.

Thankfully I was not hurt, I pressed on my horn to alert the semi driver who was carrying me sideways, thankfully my little mazda 2 has a loud horn as I was about 4 inches from getting crushed into the side of the other semi.. I have some whiplash and a sore lower back but I am alive and well.

There was a police officer there and he was at fault for allowing the semi to go without checking the road first as there was a bank up of traffic in the middle lane waiting to turn right.

When I spoke to the policeman and asked him what happens next his reply was, according to the letter of the law, I am in the wrong for turning right from middle lane! Hopefully it will be OK.

I then had a fight with my insurance company as I pay a higher premium for new for old if I need a car in an accident. They will get it fixed up. I now have to pay to hire a car for the next week and the crash repairer will give me a loan one on Friday until my car is fixed which will be sometime beginning of April..Click image for larger version

Name:	my car.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	23731

Re: Bad start to my week

It's always a pain when you have an accident with lots of things to do and report. Glad you're mostly ok as it could have been a lot more serious.

Alastair

Comment

As Alastair said Mary I'm also glad you are mostly OK, cars are replaceable, bodies take a lot longer to repair. Take care.

Comment

Mary, glad your OK !!!!
        Marie

Comment

Hi Mary, glad to see you have come out of it relatively unscathed...
          Euan..

Comment

Working...
          X