Now a man of lesure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now a man of lesure...

I'm now currently out of work, for the first time in my life...The company i worked for P***ed me off so i quit!..At the moment i'm having a few weeks break, then look for something else to do. While i'm off i shall be having some Arthroscopic surgery on my right knee, i have damaged/torn my Medial Miniscus, this has been an ongoing problem for more than 6 months, so it's a good time to get it sorted.
    I'm told this will be my last chance to have surgery on the knee as i have previously had surgery on the knee and it's quite a mess. Next time it will be a replacement, probably in 6-8 years time, so i have to be careful.
    As for work, i'll have to find something soon, sitting around drives me nuts...fortunately, i can afford to go nuts for a wee while.

Euan..
    Euan..

Re: Now a man of lesure...

Best of luck with the knee and the job hunt Euan.

Alastair

Comment

Euan,
      All the best with the knee problem mate; best stay of the 4X and Bundy while you are recuperating, I've been told advancing years and balance problems go hand in hand.

Comment

Euan...Don't know you as well as some others in here....However, I thought I'd give you a little "nursely" comfort. Years ago, when I was still married, when he was 34 yrs old, my husband (now ex!), had so much injury done to knee, that the doctors said the whole joint had to be replaced. (they had tried to repair it first!!) The doctor called on phone to me there in the hospital, & stated that they had to do a knee replacement. He first had to heal from the 1st surgical attempt. Now this was in 1975...& my ex has never had any problems with his knee replacement. He did have to do physical therapy at least 2X a week, & I had to drive him back & forth. His physical therapist was a woman from northern England, & we became good friends with her over the time. So, do not despair, as the surgeries have improved in those 36 years, so your surgery shouldn't be too bad. Just make sure that you do the therapy, as they advise. Keep your chin up!! Joan

Comment

Hi Joan..thanks for the nursely comfort...however i would find more comfort if i knew i wasn't having to pay for all this out of my pocket...The surgery is minor...the cost isn't! I'm told by the Doc i will be walking out the hospital the same day, made easier i guess by my lighter wallet! A couple of days rest, and i should be back to normal..
          Gordon, i can fix the balance problem by laying off the XXXX.. the advancing years i'm not so sure about...maybe you could give me a few pointers?
          Euan..

Comment

Good luck in finding another job and also with your knee surgery..

Comment

Hi Euan,
              sorry to hear about the job and the knee. I know both situations well...
              I am heading over the pond tomorrow. Number 1 son has had bad knee problems since he was 16 and he is now 44. He has just had a new brace fitted as stage 1 of a 3 part exercise. I was lucky myself in 1982 when I damaged my ACL and so far have not had any replacements / more surgery.
              As to work, I am sure that you will find something so enjoy your break. Just make sure that "the boss" does not get you doing too much.
              Sandy

Comment

Hi Sandy..have a good trip,not too worried about the Knee op. As for work i have always believed as one door closes another opens, so i'm not too bothered about that either. The colonoscopy i'm having at the end of the month is another matter.No matter how many you have they never get any easier...I seem to be spending more and more time at the Doctor...Maybe i am getting old...i wouldn't mind it so much if i felt old as well.
                Euan..

Comment

Euan,
                  Sorry to hear about your knee and Job.

Good luck with both..

I know how it feels to be in the Hospital .
                  Spent most of last Fall there.
                  Marie

Comment

When I was younger I pulled the "take this job and shove it" thing. Not at all sure I'd have the guts to do it at my age in this economic market - especially facing medical issues. Hopefully, though, both the job market and the medical costs are better in Australia than here in the states. Good luck.
                    author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
                    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
                    author page:
                    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
                      I'm now currently out of work, for the first time in my life...The company i worked for P***ed me off so i quit!..

Euan..
                      You know Euan, Boss is spelled backwards with a stutter on the 's'

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
                        Hi Sandy..have a good trip,not too worried about the Knee op. As for work i have always believed as one door closes another opens, so i'm not too bothered about that either. The colonoscopy i'm having at the end of the month is another matter.No matter how many you have they never get any easier...I seem to be spending more and more time at the Doctor...Maybe i am getting old...i wouldn't mind it so much if i felt old as well.
                        Euan, I believed when one door closes another one opens!!!!
                        Every thing WILL work out alright!!!!!!!!!!
                        Marie

Comment

Thanks all, knee op is done..so it's a few days with my feet up! Just have the colonoscopy to do at the end of the month...then work out what to do job wise. Next week i will seeking out all my contacts in the business world and see what eventuates with that. Could be i may start a small business of some sort, time will tell.
                          Euan..

Comment

Good Luck, in both aspects....It is not good to get old.....or become unemployed....

Comment

Euan,
                              Look at it this way, this will be your only chance to try and beat some scores in the arcade, if with all this extra time you still cant, give it up hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X