New Arcade arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arcade arrived

Tonight Steve managed to take down our old arcade system and replace it with another. I have played a few games and so far I've been able to save my high score.

And of course I doubt I'll be the high score champ for much longer!

We've brought back a few old favourites and a number of brand new games. Once we find out if all is working as it should we will look at adding some more games. Also if you liked a particular game in the old system and would like to see us bring it back then simply tell us the name of the game and we'll do our best to bring it back.

Once we know all is working ok we will add some add-ons for this arcade.

So.. fingers crossed that all will work as it should but of course do let us know if you hit any problems.

Alastair

Alastair

Re: New Arcade arrived

Steve/Al..the game rise of Atlantis won't start..needs to be upgraded to V7..
    Euan..

Comment

I'll leave that one with Al since he downloads the actual games...I do the tech stuff behind the scenes :)
      -=> Shared Pain is Lessened - Shared Joy Increased <=-
      Goddess is Great - Beer is Good - People are Crazy

Comment

Actually this is a technical matter as it wants us to run v7 of the player and as we don't seem to have that the game won't play. So it's not the version of the game but the player.

Alastair

Comment

Ok..so it's one for the too hard basket?
          Euan..

Comment

We really just need to post a message on their forum to see if there is a work around but of course if no one gets back to us then guess we'll have to remove it.

Alastair

Comment

Hi, Alastair...Just wanted to let you know that I was able to play that Mahjong game (something sling). And it posted the score. I got onto one mahjong, which had what I think was German directions, and couldn't figure that one out. (it was latish last night!) The mahjong with pics/cartoon like pets/santas/etc., I was unable to match anything. I couldn't find directions for it. Maybe I'm just "duh?" Joan

Comment

Actually I also loaded a Mahjongg game like that and didn't like it and just came out. I should have noted its name but I was more concerned to see if it would save the high scores ok. I believe Steve is intending to add some mods for this arcade and certainly we need to prune anything that is not working and bring back some old favourites if folk let us know what they want.

I have purchased a Gold membership from ibproarcade which means I can have unlimited downloads and I think they have some 14,000 games available. We certainly don't want anything like that many but it would be good to get a nice selection.

I think what we really need is someone with time on their hands that could go in there and find good games then give us a list to download. We're sticking to the v32 games as they seem to work ok whereas the v2 ones seem to be the problem. That said we'll likely download a couple of v2 games just to try them out as the new arcade might have no problems in playing them.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                X