Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bringing your Family Tree to Life (Scotland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing your Family Tree to Life (Scotland)

I have just been reading the September (2009) issue of "The Scots Magazine".

One of the articles relates to an old established (Edinburgh based) genealogy research company ("Scottish Roots Ancestral Research Service").

An extremely interesting point that came to the fore in the article is another business venture which this old established company has begun---

Namely----the "Memorabillia Pack Company"

A replica pack contains quality reproduced paper memorabilia and conveys a sense of 'being there' for the subjects they relate to.

They appear to have a wide and varied range of items-----ranging from the "Victorian Household" onwards.

I think it's worth the time to take a wee look
    :cool:

http://www.mempackcompany.com/index.html

Re: Bringing your Family Tree to Life (Scotland)

That certainly sounds interesting. While researching old newspapers I did come across a company that can supply old copies of newspapers. So if you knew the data of birth of an ancestor you could ask for a copy of that issue of the newspaper. Likewise if you new of a date where something specific happened you could also ask for that copy as well.

Alastair

Comment

Re: Bringing your Family Tree to Life (Scotland)

The Mitchell Library in Glasgow is the largest library in Europe and has a very large genealogy collection, including old newspapers. Here's the link: www.mitchelllibrary.org

Comment

Working...
      X