Red Skelton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Skelton

Red Skelton was one of my favorite entertainers when I was growing up.

Re: Red Skelton

I liked it when Red played the seagulls, Gertrude? Also did you all notice that the parents were sleeping in "separate" beds? The other thing I noticed was that most of the skit was (as we "think" NOW) politically incorrect, such as mom slapping kid, and then leaving with suitcases. What a difference a lifetime makes!! Joan

Comment

Originally posted by FriedaKateM View Post
      I liked it when Red played the seagulls, Gertrude? Also did you all notice that the parents were sleeping in "separate" beds? The other thing I noticed was that most of the skit was (as we "think" NOW) politically incorrect, such as mom slapping kid, and then leaving with suitcases. What a difference a lifetime makes!! Joan
      There was also the veiled racial piece when he did the ghost bit in this video. It would not get past the censors now.

Comment

Here are Gertrude and Heathcliff for Joan

Comment

Hey, did you notice that isn't "our" Red Skelton??? That's some Vegas impersonator!!! I will go ahead & click on the real Red!! By the way thanks! Joan
          Last edited by FriedaKateM; 24 March 2011, 23:09. Reason: addendum: by the by, in same area, there's a real Red Skelton, in black & white, and the seagulls, etc. Tks.

Comment

I love how he laughed at his own jokes - very infectious.
            author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
            http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
            author page:
            http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

Working...
            X