Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Upcoming Scottish Performer, Little Fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Upcoming Scottish Performer, Little Fire!

I received an autographed DVD from TW Productions Ayr of an interview and performance of an upcoming star from Ayr. The performer is Jamie McGeechan known as Little Fire. I am pasting his biography here for you.

Little Fire is 25 year old singer-songwriter aka Jamie McGeechan from Ayr in the South West of Scotland.

In May 2010 he won Scotland’s biggest battle of the bands The Burns And A’ That 2010 Ayrplay competition.

Winner of Scottish Arts Council / Creative Scotland Demo Fund 2010 with Chem 19 / Chemikal Underground Records home to Emma Pollock, Mogwai and The Phantom Band.

Little Fire has been selected as an official ambassador for the official Robert Burns Birthplace Museum in Alloway near Ayr in Scotland.

He has been invited by the director of the Robert Burns Birthplace museum to have his adaptation composition of the classic poem by Burns A Man’s A Man For A’ That to be showcased in the new museum which will be opening at the end of 2010. With fellow contributions from Scottish music star Eddi Reader and Scottish Hollywood heavyweight Brian Cox it’s a really fantastic opportunity for Little Fire to be involved. Little Fire also invited to perform at the opening of the museum as well as the Burns Humanitarian Award.

Little Fire is the music reporter for the Ayrshire Post and an avid supporter of the local live music scene in running live music events.

“This guy has a great voice, really upbeat lyrics , really struck a chord with me”
    Craig McGee - Warner Chappell Publishing- Regional Scottish Scout

"Best Scottish singer since the days of Frankie Miller and Alex Harvey."
    Alan Frew

" Reminds me of Frightened Rabbit. High praise "
    Glasgow Podcart

" The best thing to come out of Ayrshire since Biffy Clyro "
    Clyde 1 FM

" Reminds me of James Dean Bradfield"
    Jim Gellatly

" The best performer I have heard or seen in many years of appreciating music "
    Eogan Colgan

" I think he's going to go very far "
    Liz Clark - Danny Kyle Stage, Celtic Connections 2011

" Lovely voice, great performer"
    Elaine C Smith

Please vote for Little Fire @ http://www.clyde1.com/on-air/unsigned-act-of-the-year/

Little Fire's website www.littlefiremusic.com
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: New Upcoming Scottish Performer, Little Fire!

Jamie was being filmed today in Ayr by Jim Muldoon. They made a special message to myself and those of the Ayr Video and Cin Club. I was tickled pink so I made a page for a Thank You!

http://kdswhitefae.co.uk/littlefire/index.htm

I hope to meet this young man when I am in Ayr next week!
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
    X