Internet Explorer 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 9

I got an email in from Microsoft in which they provided a link to download Internet Explorer 9. So thought I'd download it and see what it was like... big mistake!!!

As a result of downloading it I ended up with viruses, trojans and malware which took a whole day to clean up.

The only other time I've downloaded something from Microsoft was when I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Professional. Once the upgrade went through I again had loads of viruses, trojans and malware.

Mind you out of all that I discovered a program called Hitman Pro and it was that program that eventually sorted out my computer. For example I have a program called Malawarebytes which is meant to prevent this kind of stuff as well as Mcafee. Well when running Malawarebytes it couldn't update the database which obviously meant the program was compromised. Downloading Hitman Pro and running the program found all the issues and sorted them.

I was then able to run Malaware bytes and it found another 7 issues which it fixed.

The think about Hitman Pro is that you don't actually need to purchase it as it will allow a one off free scan however as it saved my bacon I bought it anway to show my appreciation.

Alastair

Re: Internet Explorer 9

Here is the url for Hitman Pro... http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro

Alastair

Comment

Alastair - What were the sender's details in the email.

When Windows sends me an email about updates, I do not use the offers made.

I go onto their update site, and see if updates available. Yes there are updates and I select those I require, and they then ask 'Do you wish to run the update now or later'.

Microsoft also often just come on to my computer and install without asking !!

On the Microsoft site, have a look at the folder 'Recent updates'.

Ranald
      Last edited by Ranald; 27 March 2011, 13:01.

Comment

Hi Ranald,
        just like you I don't respond to emals that purport to come from MS. Most of the time they do not...

I too have "automatic updates" turned on but so far nothign has gone wrong with that methid of updating, and I stgill do not have IE 9 installed (nor am I going to install it).
        I have been using Chrome for quite a while now and it seems to me to be a much better product.

Sandy

Comment

Sandy, like you I am not going to use IE9, although I understand MS have speeded it up, but that is some years behind the date that it should have been done !!

Although not yet on Chrome, I will probably go that way when I get my computer working proberly, or even invest in a new one !!

How did you visit to Canada go..... very well I hope.

Regards

Comment

Hi Ranald,
            I am still in Canada, this is my 2nd week and I am here until the end of May. I made a start on tidying up the garden and then it snowed all day last Wednesday so I have not done any more outside. I am hoping / planning to lay a new lawn, but after seeing the state of the back garden looks as if am going to have to tackle it as well...
            Meanwhile I am slowly trying to overcome son's attempts to bury the house in dust and clothes...

Went for a 3 hour walk today along trails I have not used for 4 years. It was great to get out and about.

Hope you get your machine knocked into shape, rather than buying a new machine and probably moving to Windows 7. Though I am hearing that it does not seem to be too bad an OS. I won't leave XP until I do buy a new machine.
            Sandy

Comment

Och Sandy, i suppose you still keep one of these in the garage because it still runs....
              Attached Files
              Euan..

Comment

I was wondering when you would come in from the Pogey Line and comment.
                If I had one of those you can bet I would still keep it running...
                It is stylish, practical and does the job for which it was intended. OK, it may not do it as efficiently or economically as a new one but that is not really all that important with a PC for the uses I put it to... (no games etc.. but I do use it to watch TV and even have made the Laptop her (XP) get access to UK TV shows~~~ (All the better for the boiss when she comes over here in the summer)

Sandy the "almost" Luddite

Comment

Actually I'm on a web developer group with Microsoft so I get updates on server packs, etc. They sent out a regular newsletter to let you know what is happening. It's called Microsoft Spark. I guess that is why I didn't think twice about downloading it.

Alastair

Comment

Of course there is another reason I won't be using IE9 - I am still an XP user and it does not run on XP...

I see Firefox's latest release will still run on XP.

Sandy

Comment

I abandoned IE years ago and have been thoroughly satisfied with Mozilla Firefox, version 4 of which is just out.

I'm also just back to BC from a week in Angus and Glasgow, so for anyone who's a wee bit homesick or just plain sick of Canadian winter, here's a nice bouquet of snowdrops to tide you over.

Rick
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
                        I was wondering when you would come in from the Pogey Line and comment.
                        If I had one of those you can bet I would still keep it running...
                        It is stylish, practical and does the job for which it was intended. OK, it may not do it as efficiently or economically as a new one but that is not really all that important with a PC for the uses I put it to... (no games etc.. but I do use it to watch TV and even have made the Laptop her (XP) get access to UK TV shows~~~ (All the better for the boiss when she comes over here in the summer)

Sandy the "almost" Luddite
                        And i was wondering how long i had to wait for a bite...not long it seems..
                        Actually Sandy, i have just 2 days ago upgraded my desktop from XP to Win 7, and so far no problems, not that i expected any from a wonderful piece of software from MS....
                        Euan..

Comment

The collapse of Internet Explorer 9 is a big problem, is caused by the computer can not correctly handle the settings and options, this program needs to run. We found that, although this is an important part of the Windows system, which constantly led to a number of problems, causes it to crash.
                          Asian Fashion

Comment

I like Internet Explorer 9.i currently use for Internet Explorer 9.it's very fast and excellent fiture is best.I think IE9 is built by Microsoft it's better then any browser.

Comment

Working...
                            X