What's with the bouncing text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the bouncing text?

It is very annoying. The text bounces, apparently because something wants me to link the thread to facebook? How do I stop it from bouncing? Can I somehow prevent it from ever bouncing at all?
    author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
    author page:
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Re: What's with the bouncing text?

I agree... I get it as well. Steve has been informed so I await him fixing it.

Alastair

Comment

As Steve hasn't managed to fix this I've gone through the admin side and disabled the Facebook Like button which seems to have fixed the problem.

Alastair

Comment

When returning to the ES home page (by a link on my top bar) the page come up OK, but the 'infolink' then comes in and it is that that scrolls 'What's New' down.

We are talking about a second or two - but I still get caught out !!

Ranald

Comment

That wasn't the issue Ranald. We had genuinely bouncing text as the Facebook phrase was rolling onto a second line and then jumping back to the first line.

So.. what you are talking about is another issue and the only way to remove that is to remove InfoLinks but that actually earns us a fair bit of money each month whereas the Facebook issue didn't earn us anything. So right now we'll have to live with InfoLinks unless someone want to sponsor us for the same amount? I have to admit I'd love to remove all advertising but without something to replace the income that's just not possible unless we want to shut the site down.

Alastair

Comment

Alastair

That is what I thought, and why I added the bit about 'a second or two'

Ranald

Comment

Working...
            X