I want to say Good Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want to say Good Bye

Diane, this board has been fine for years although 5 or 6 yrs ago there was in issue like this, its best just not to get involved although hard.
    Keep posting you cant let a few nasty posts stop the fun!!

Comment

Diane...Don't let someting like this keep you from coming onto the forum, & sharing. You don't have to pay attention to all that! Rise above. As Winston Churchill said during the Blitz in London, Keep Calm and Carry On! Joan

Comment

At the end of the day we're all human and emotions can run away without you realizing it. However that's why I'm here to bring a little common sense to the situation and try to smooth things over. I certainly won't let anyone be bullied in here that you can rely on Diane.

The good thing about being a small community is that I can keep my eye on things. Should we have thousands of members then that might be more problematic. However, if we did have thousands of members then we'd start to appoint moderators to watch over particular forums so we could still bring some good manners and common sense to any situation.

Alastair

Comment

Diane,

Please don't leave ES. Your friendship will be missed! I want you to be able to share your good news and your thoughts and opinions.
          kellyd:redrose:

Comment

but after reading things like "Kelly's absence will not be greatly missed by me" and "the women drives me nuts and others feel the same" type comments, I am really sad at the harshness. Don't know anything about the dispute, but I don't want someone to get after me like that.
            Hey Diane!

I am new at postin but not new to Electric Scotland. Mr McIntrye is real good at keeping trouble away from the boards. The majority of people here are good folk. Looks like you are well liked too. Pull your boot straps up! Keep smiling and posting!

Comment

Diane and Kelly. It is my hope that you will both continue to explore ES and participate in the forums. I am not entirely up on the issue that seems to have caused the commotion. But the personal nature of the response to that commotion seems to be coming from one bloody person. Though 'tis easier said than done, ignoring that one person seems preferable to ignoring the entire ES community.
              But if ya gotta go, ya gotta go. Best of luck.
              author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
              http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
              author page:
              http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

MacNeill/Campbell,

You may have good cause for disputing Kelly's claims. Or you may not. Based on what has been said, it is impossible for me to tell either way. But this I do know: your continued personal attacks on Kelly do not gain you anything in the way of either credibility or sympathy for whatever your cause might be.
                author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
                http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
                author page:
                http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

This is exactly why, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing, lol that's what my Nana always said, Not sure of the background of this tiff, but I do know it should never have been brought on the board by either of the parties involved, sounds like a private, or legal matter to me don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by laney View Post
                    This is exactly why, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing, lol that's what my Nana always said, Not sure of the background of this tiff, but I do know it should never have been brought on the board by either of the parties involved, sounds like a private, or legal matter to me don't you think?
                    Laney,
                    You are spot on with your summation,
                    Another quite pertinent quote is "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie" [as in 'sleep']
                    :angelic:

Comment

Everyone,

I cannot say how bad I feel this happened to our forum. It has to do with my original story about Modern Jacobites. I have given my word not to feed the fire. I wrote the story in good faith. I never dreamt it would end up like this.
                      kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Hey everyone,
                        I came back on the board because after thinking about everything, I realized I was wrong!!! (but never let my husband know I said that Haha). However, I was shocked at the many responses and it really made me believe in the goodness of the people here. I never meant for anyone to comment on my post, however the minute I clicked off, I felt the lose of friendship immediately. I couldn't stay away. I have never posted on a board before but for some reason I felt the difference here. This board is not like any other board. It was rude of me to say so. So I will pull my boot straps up, have fun, keep smiling, and keep sharing. Oh, and thanks to "The Man" that keeps this site on a calm even flow. It has to be his age ;)

Comment

Glad you changed your mind Diane, welcome back lol

Comment

Working...
                          X