Feral Cats in my Barn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Cats in my Barn!

Hi, again to all. I have an old barn, & it does tend to attract cats! This past week, as I was feeding an old tom cat, black with white front, and another black cat, who's younger, thinner, and has part of the hair on his tail gone, I blinked, as I saw yet again another black cat! In other words, unbeknownst to me, I was feeding 3 black cats! Now there's a famous story about black cats, they say that the humane societies and the pounds cannot get their black cats to be adopted out. It seems that there are many myths about black cats, i.e., the belief that they're bad luck, and even some people have a fear of black cats. When they're in a shelter, they're hard to see, if they are in cages. My avatar here is my very loved black cat, Zubi, whose name I derived from the twin stars, Zubinelgenubi. My dear little gal was killed out in front of my house about 2 yrs ago. I don't see the old guy every day, but they all tend to know what time it is...about 5 PM they start looking for me to feed them out there. Joan

Re: Feral Cats in my Barn!

Beth Gay who does Beth's Newfangled Family Tree is a great cat lover. She has inside cats and outside cats. When I met her down in Georgia she had around 10 cats outside that slept under her porch. She had two horses out back and 3 cats inside.

I know when she moved to South Carolina she still had her two horses but one passed away. She still has around a dozen cats that lived in the barn and still had her three inside cats. Not sure what the current situation is but she still uses one of her inside cats as a "proof reader" for her Family Tree magazine.

Alastair

Comment

Alastair, I cannot remember if I told you this, but about 3-4 years ago, a friend of mine & I were camping at Glasgow, Kentucky, at the Barren River State Resort, for the Scottish Festival/Games. I saw a woman, talking to a group at some picnic tables, & just by the way she spoke, I recognized her. I went up to her later, & told her that I knew you, & I was correct, it was Beth Gay. Had a nice little talk. We got rained out that night, so I couldn't get to see the Scot group that was performing, as the creek/water was going under my tent, & we were kind of floating. Left the next day! Cheers, Joan

Comment

It is a Small World !! I love cats of all kinds...I am having my neice in Dallas look for me a Maine ....your meeting up with Gay makes me think, the lady here. Vivienne, is from our home up in Oklahoma and I just met up with her here on ES....

Have a good day..
        Lu.

Comment

Working...
        X