2nd largest state wildfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd largest state wildfire

I am sure there is a lot of guff around about how bad Texans are. I don't care about that. Our state has been placed under Federal Disaster by the President..

Thousand of acres of ranchland, homes, crops, all have been destroyed by this massive fire. We are at a Stage 2 draught. There is no rain in sight according to the weather news.

Texas is unique in that it has the western half on fire set by a lunatic...The southwestern area of Austin was destroyed by the carelessness of a homeless person..The Mexican Cartel is ruling our southern borders, and Mother Nature is ruling our eastern seaboard.

We may not have to secede from the Union again....we will just burn up.

Have a good day..:shamrock:

Re: 2nd largest state wildfire

I've been watching this on the news Lu and it's simply mind blowing that you can have so many fires. I guess it's the farmers and wee rural towns that will get the brunt of this.

Alastair

Comment

Thanks Alastair,,,this state is three days wide by auto..and probably 4 north to south. It is huge !!! and now the undergrowth is so dry and the winds so erratic, there is no stopping it..

Maybe Mother Nature is rejuvenating herself...I sure hope none of the Old Scots plan to ranch out here !!

Comment

LuRose

Vexed to learn about the fires, and trust mother nature will put a stop to them very soon.

We have just had a fire in the north east of Scotland, but very, very small by comparison with those in Texas. They think the cause may have been a tourist train, pulled by a steam engine !

This used to be a known hazzard in the old days of steam engines.

Regards

Ranald

Comment

LuRose, my heart's with you on this. Saw it on television tonight, and it's horrible. Wish we could give you some of our water, as we're having flooding tonight on the Whitewater River. I came home today from Cincinnati, & had to drive through some back roads, some of which were flooded over. My 2nd son used to work & live in Dallas, and I flew down when his eldest girl was born. Dallas was extremely HOT, & the streets & roads were affected by the heat to the extent that they were humpy, up & down. It was 106 degrees F when we were walking outside at Grapevine area. Thinking of you & yours. Joan

Comment

Then you know what I am talking about.The weather has just turned 80* here Sunday. There is -0* humidity..all the residential areas are on water restriction for yards. We will probably see at least 60 days of straight low three digit temps...I wish I could could north for the summer....Take care and thanks....

Comment

Poor poor Texas!

Mama, is this worse than the dirty thirties up in the panhandle?

This really makes me think of this program I watched. Maya Collapse
              http://youtu.be/bab6kDtFTJA
              Last edited by Kelly d; 21 April 2011, 02:46. Reason: to insert video
              kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Update on Texas wildfires,

One group of San Antonio firefighters came back yesterday to rest a few days before going back out west. My understanding is the wildcat oil drilling has depleted the ground waters to such an extent making it a tinderbox. There is a huge 4 engine aircraft stationed at San Antonio loaded with retardant, ready to get airborne at moment notice..Govenor Perry named this weekend as Pray for Rain weekend...I just wonder what they do other days ??

Comment

Working...
                X