The Royal Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Royal Wedding

There sure is a lot of TV time being devoted to the Royal Wedding. Seems everything that can be featured is being featured. Discussions on what might be offered food wise, going into detail on the Highgrove lamb and beef. Then discussing what wine might be served up. Then of course what fashion will be on show. Then discussions on what the groom might be wearing and on it goes.

Many folk here in Canada seem to be ready for a 3am start on TV watching. They are talking about some 2 billion people ready to watch the TV on the day.

I am not known to be an early riser so I might end watching the edited highlights.

Alastair

Re: The Royal Wedding

Well the ES Newsletter will be out tomorrow for my usual 'readfest' :cool:

So the royal nuptials will have to take a back seat till Saturday.

Comment

I myself thinks this will be wonderful to watch. My sister going to tape it for me as I have to work, wish I could watch all of it. William and Kate seem like a wonderful couple together and I wish them the best!

Comment

I'll be watching William and Kate's Nuptial's too.
        Marie

Comment

I see that CTV is starting at 3am EST and CNN are starting at 4am EST. It should be a wonderful event.

Alastair

Comment

Prince William 'has Middleton ancestry'

Gordon Casely who is based in Aberdeen is a heritage consultant, and was trying to establish if Kate Middleton had Scottish roots.

However he has found an ancestral link to Prince William instead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-13209043

Now there's a turn up for the books !!

Ranald

Comment

Just as an aside, I was still in Britain, when Princess Margaret married Anthony Armstrong Jones, and at the time I bought some postcard pictures of the happy wedding. Later on, I showed them to someone Stateside, & they actually believed I was there at the wedding, as the photos were so good! She came to our base, arriving in a plane, with one of those black large cars, carrying her off. I was standing to the side of the road, but really couldn't see her. And I was still in GB, when Prince Andrew was born. Isn't this all exciting! I put my DVR on to record the festivities starting at 4AM our time. I might not watch it for a while, though. Joan
              Last edited by FriedaKateM; 28 April 2011, 20:34. Reason: addendum

Comment

For all those who missed an invitaion to the Royal Nuptials
                Here is a small consolation prize. :cool:

" ENGLAND SWINGS "

The Royal wedding of Princess Elizabeth to Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten 1947

Comment

Just not interested..
                  And I don't know too many people in Scotland who are either.

I do not bear them any ill-will but will be glad when all the hype is over.

Congratulations to the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
                  Sandy

Comment

I didn't know that I really do miss Roger Miller...I was singing along with him on that first video. Now the video of Princess Elizabeth & hubby, I do not remember seeing. I'm not quite that OLD!!! Joan

Comment

We're on West Coast time and coverage started about 1 a.m., so we stayed up all night to make sure we didn't miss any of the wedding festivities. What a handsome bride and groom! Congratulations to the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
                      Lora

Comment

Have to admit I have just watched 5 minutes of video on the BBC News website. That was enough for me...
                        Apparently there was a "street party" in Kelvingrove Park", in Glasgow, that turned nasty. Too many young drunk people who were just out for a so-called goodtime and went over the limit. Quite a lot of damage to property, police vehicles and general mayhem. Another sad day out in Glasgow. Mind you I am sure it was still a minority who misbehaved, but then they always spoil it for everyone else. Time to clamp down on all of this stuff where the "politically correct" have hijacked our society to the detriment of all.

Politics over.
                        Sandy

Comment

I watched The Royal Wedding on TV this morning on TV WABC, it started around 4 AM my time on the East coast New York & New Jersey.
                          Marie

Comment

I noted one of the channels was going to do a complete re-broadcast of the event starting at 11am so I watched that one :-)

I thought it went very well.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                            X