Accepting Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Death

Many of the old ES'ers are aware of my circumstance and what really brought me to the UK.

Today, I received news Billy Whittaker doesn't have much longer to live. He has been ill for so long. The hospital does not want us there until he can be completely assessed. This past year has been very hard for him, first loosing his ability to urinate to many bouts of infections.

Bill had never recovered from the massive stroke that hit him 21st April 2002. He was weak on the right side, very limited speech and was violent. The Social Services would not allow him to live at home.

Bill is now completely immobile. The hospital has asked us to give them until next week to see if he can make some kind of a recovery from this latest infection.

Please pray for Bill that he may not have to suffer any longer.

Thank you.
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Accepting Death

My thoughts and prayers, are with Bill, yourself and ALL the family.

Ranald

Comment

My thoughts and Prayers are with Bill and you.

Marie
      Marie

Comment

My prayers are with you also Kelly. Time to let Bill rest in peace.

Alastair

Comment

Prayers coming your way, lets all pray he goes in peace.

Comment

Kelly, even if you are aware that Bill's death is coming, and you've watched his suffering for so long, when it does happen, you will be bereft. I am sorry that you have this to bear. Thinking of you, take care, Joan

Comment

Peace. Love.
              author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
              http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
              author page:
              http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

Hey Kelly,
                My heart is heavy for you and your loved ones. I wish I had some magical words of advice but do know that I will keep you in my prayers.

Comment

I want to Thank everyone from my heart for the prayers and wishes. Bill is alive but very weak. He is lifted by hoists now on the occasion of severe weakness. The Newcastle local authority is making their decision where Bill will go. We have all been on pins and needles here waiting. Right now, Bill was taken back to the place in Newcastle with additional care added to his package. The kids said for me to go to Scotland for a long weekend and they will be here.

Thanks again everyone! It really means so much to my family!
                  kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Kelly, still thinking about, YOU, BILL and the FAMILY - my prayers are with you ALL

Ranald

Comment

Kelly, you and Bill are still in my prayers.

Marie
                      Marie

Comment

Kelly, I understand something ofwhat you are going through having watched my late husband die over a shorter period than Bill (2 years). In the end, they want to go Kelly.....they've had enough suffering and we have to let them feel that it's OK to let go.
                        It will be a sense of relief for you too, you know. You don't need to feel guilty if you feel like that. I hadn't realised until after my husband died that I had felt as though I was dying with him, when I suddenly got my energy and motivation back.
                        All the best Kelly to you and your family.

Elda

Comment

Working...
                        X