The National Borders of Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The National Borders of Scotland

Got a copy of this report in pdf format which makes interesting reading which I've attached to this message. It shows how England is trying to hi-jack Scotland's waters.

Alastair
    Attached Files

Re: The National Borders of Scotland

A very interesting topic, I wonder how many of the general Scottish population are aware of matters such as this,all scenarios such as this deserves wide circulation so that people become aware of the "Big Picture" and the events that are likely to become increasingly important for the future of Scotland and its people.

Once changes are ratified it will be a little too late to say "I didna ken aboot that ,:shocked: why wisnae i telt :confused:

please excuse poor accent :blush:
    Last edited by 1938 Observer; 28 April 2011, 23:59. Reason: additional text

Comment

VERY interesting. I have not had time to read the whole article yet but it has certainly sparked my interest...

I am not sure if it covered the situation of legislation covering fishing. There were a couple of cases last year of fishermen who were fishing in Scotland but the legislation covering the "rights" was deemed to be English and they were tried in Carlisle. So are the rivers Scottish or English.

Where I am just now is very close to the US border. The river on which this town stands begins in Canada then loops into the US before coming back into. If our "cousins" decide to do something I am sure there would be little that Canada could actually achieve. There are many instances of this along the border. A great number of rivers even start in the US and then flow North through Canada before reaching the ocean. With all the water shortages in the US we can be sure that there will be "pressure" to divert lots of this cross-border water. I recall the outrages form the US when the USSR was talking about performing that sort of activity several years ago.
      There is still an "active" border commission because there are still areas that are "under dispute". Control over land, water and coastline is always a contentious issue.

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
        Where I am just now is very close to the US border. The river on which this town stands begins in Canada then loops into the US before coming back into. If our "cousins" decide to do something I am sure there would be little that Canada could actually achieve. Sandy
        No worries there Sandy. When we decided to visit our neighbors to the North during the War of 1812 without an invitation, we got our ears soundly boxed. We remember that and have maintained an earnest motivation to behave ourselves since.

Comment

I really do wish that were true. At least you know about 1812. Most people are not aware of that conflict, that just happened to be a side-show of the Napoleonic Wars...

Sandy

Comment

That report disgusts and enrages me. It seems that the same forces who pushed the infamous treaty of union are still actively prejudicial against Scotland and the Scots. Here's hoping the SNP can and will put things right (both this current english land/sea grab AND the 1707 Scottish Parliament's despicable capitulation).
            author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
            http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
            author page:
            http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

Working...
            X