Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inundation of Sweet-eating Ants in My New Kitchen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inundation of Sweet-eating Ants in My New Kitchen!!!

As a few of you know, I recently finished the renovation of my new kitchen, on Jan. 31st. Just since I have returned from Nag's Head, NC, to my niece's wedding, I've had gobs of little teeny ants running around over the lovely new counter-tops. I squish them under my finger, & decided to leave their corpses there, to advise the other ants that this is a bad place to walk around! I discovered that the little corpses were missing, & as tiny as they were, couldn't figure out what happened to them. ............ (time passing...)

Found that my one cat Rennie, would lie down & rub himself on the little dead ants, kind of like dogs rolling in stinky stuff. So, then laid the dead ants on the white surface of my hot water heater.... Found out that Rennie was actually eating the ants....now calling him my favorite "anteater". Tried to see if Duncan, the orange & white cat, would do the same, he turned his nose up at the offering. So...that's something I didn't know, & thought you all might be interested... Joan

Re: Inundation of Sweet-eating Ants in My New Kitchen!!!

Joan,
    Maybe Rennie suffers from a hereditary/genetic problem handed down through countless generations :tongue::wink:

Possibly this is one of his distant forebears :cool:

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/..._470x350,2.jpg

and this link will tell you a little story:D:D

Cec the echidna bubbles over http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...746845587.html

Comment

Re: Inundation of Sweet-eating Ants in My New Kitchen!!!

Gordon...I think Rennie would be rather restrictive as a house pet, if he had those wicked looking spines/quills. He's always coming around, wanting me to pet him, &/or jumping on my lap!! Still eating ants, though. Enjoyed your input, as I basically like most all animals. Thanks, Joan

Comment

Working...
      X