• Tesla Model S Electric Car

- 300 mile range
    - 45 minute QuickCharge
    - 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds
    - Seats 7 people
    - More cargo space than sedans
    - 2X as efficient as hybrids
    - 17 inch infotainment touchscreen

With a range up to 300 miles and 45-minute QuickCharge, the Model S can carry five adults and two children in quiet comfort – and you can charge it from any outlet, without ever stopping for gas. World’s first mass-produced electric vehicle offers performance, efficiency and unrivaled utility for a base price of $49,900*, making it the only car you’ll ever need.

Three battery pack options offer a range of 160, 230 or 300 miles per charge. With the 45 minute QuickCharge or 1 minute battery swap, you can drive from LA to San Francisco, Washington to New York or take even longer road trips in about the same time as in a conventional car.

With seating for five adults and two children, plus an additional trunk under the hood, Model S has passenger carrying capacity and versatility rivaling SUVs and minivans. Rear seats fold flat, and the hatch gives way to a roomy opening, so you can stow a mountain bike, 50-inch flat-screen TV, full drum set or futon frame – more than ample for the entire family and their gear.

Model S offers 100 percent torque, 100 percent of the time without jerky shifting and a fraction of the noise and harshness of internal combustion engines. This smooth and constant power delivery, combined with the sporty handling of the chassis and suspension, leads to a superior driving experience.

The Model S powertrain features a liquid-cooled, floor-mounted battery pack and a single-speed gearbox, delivering effortless acceleration, responsive handling and quiet simplicity -- no fancy clutchwork or gear-shifting required. Model S costs about $4 to fully charge – a bargain even when gasoline is $1 per gallon. You can listen to Pandora Radio or consult Google Maps on the 17 inch touchscreen with in-car 3G connectivity.

For more details see http://www.teslamotors.com/models/index.php

Alastair

Re: Tesla Model S Electric Car

Top Gear reviews the Tesla Roadster

Alastair

Comment

Tesla Roadster Test Drive

Alastair

Comment

Nice looking car with all the features except one...and one that would probably stop me from buying one. No sports exhaust...To drive a sports car in utter quietness would spoil the enjoyment of driving a sports car. Another thing, picture this...A young guy silently rolls up to McDonalds in front of a group of peers leaning against their souped up Silvia's Toyota's and Beamers etc..and asks the guy what the specs are...um..it's electric..but it's fast!:blush:
        Euan..

Comment

This is one of my daily drives...A Volvo S40...who said they were for old geezers with hats..

I wouldn't part with it. Mind you the one i have isn't set up for racing, but you can certainly hear me coming...
          Euan..

Comment

Working...
          X