• Show
Clear All

• Irish Wolfhound

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruadhan & Áine 2011 03 12 sm 14 (Medium).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	23782

With all the upgrades, I thought I would see if I could upload pictures.

The attached photograph is of Rúadhán and Áine getting some exercise in Estes Park, Colorado in March of 2011.
    Last edited by miolchu; 12 June 2011, 09:14. Reason: I have forgotten how to spell with the advent of spellcheckers.

Re: Irish Wolfhound

Name:	Dog Park 2011 03 12 0019 (Medium).JPG
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	23485

From L to R - Rúadhán, Áine, Bríghid

This was taken in Estes Park Colorado in March of 2011. I have more photographs in albums that can be found in my profile if anyone is interested in having a look.
    Last edited by miolchu; 12 June 2011, 09:31. Reason: I just couldn't leave it alone

Comment

For anyone curious as to why I started a thread on Irish Wolfhounds in a forum pertaining to Scotland and Scottish interests, the following may tie up any loose threads.

With the break-up of the old Irish order and declining fortunes of the English aristocracy the Old Irish Wolfdog was in danger of extinction, if not already extinct. In 1859, a Scot, Captain George Augustus Graham obtained an Irish Wolfhound and made it his life's work to resurrect the breed.

The website irishwolfhound.org commented "whether or not Captain Graham did resuscitate or merely manufacture the Irish Wolfhound hardly seems to matter to us in the twenty-first century; we can just be grateful to him for having given us such a magnificent and delightful breed." more can be read at http://www.irishwolfhounds.org/graham.htm.

A George Augustus Graham webpage at the Dursley Glos Website http://www.dursleyglos.org.uk/html/d...rge_graham.htm provides the following:

George Augustus Graham was born in Bathwick, a district of Bath, in the County of Somerset on 6th August 1833 to Colonel Charles Graham C.B. and his wife Mary Ann (nee Taylor). At the age of 7, along with his brother Frederick William (b. 1830), he entered Cheltenham College as a day boy. At that time the family was living at 25 Promenade in Cheltenham. Graham's schooling continued until the age of 17 and a year later, on 3rd December 1851, he was accepted as a cadet in the Honourable East India Company's Bengal Infantry, at the recommendation of his father.

Comment

Name:	Fiona 2011 03 12 0007.jpg
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	23514

I just picked up a 9 y/o rescue by the name of Fiona. Her owners obtained a few chihuahuas and Fiona didn't mix with them well. I think I got the best end of the deal.
        Last edited by miolchu; 25 November 2011, 16:14.

Comment

Tom, looks like a nice addition to your family.

You could offer her on loan to Euan for his visit to Ireland next year, as Fiona would know her way around !

Ranald
          Last edited by Ranald; 25 November 2011, 18:14. Reason: gender !

Comment

Hey, Tom, I think Fiona is a lovely girl....I understand why you adopted her! Joan

Comment

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
              Tom, looks like a nice addition to your family.

You could offer her on loan to Euan for his visit to Ireland next year, as Fiona would know her way around !

Ranald
              Euan would have to watch her around small dogs. She ate a chihuahua. I thinks she likes Mexican food. No telling how she would react to all those small Irish, Scottish, Welsh and English breeds.

Comment

Hey Tom,
                Obviously she is precious. It is so wonderful that you got her as a rescue dog. We have only purchased one dog and that was years and years ago. Every other one has been a rescue or an abandoned animal. I just know you will enjoy her. I think that they know you helped them and repay you with extra love!!!

Comment

Working...
                X