This weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend

Just to let you know what we've got done this weekend so far...

We managed to get our site search engine back into the header on the main ElectricScotland.com site but have also fitted it into the header in this Community. It's configured just to seach electricscotland.org, electricscotland.com, electricscotland.net and scotsindependent.org

We've added a SHOUT box. we're kind of hoping this will allow you to chat with others in this community. It's just the basic version so far with no customisation. We hope to make it a menu bar application so that you can just bring it up when you want instead of it being there all the time. It is just showing on the home page right now.

We've added back in the country flags. To select your own flag you need to click on "Profile" and then select the "About Me" tab and then when you look down the page you'll see the country flag option where you can select your own flag.

As I mentioned in another post when we upgraded to the latest release it broke most of the mods we'd put in place including the YouTube videos. From what I can see the youtube.com videos are back automatically but it looks to me the the youtube.be haven't come back. I did go to one post and did an edit on the message and took out the code around the url and saved the message and it worked fine.

I think you can edit your own message so if a video you posted was displaying and no longer is then by doing the above you can fix it. In the event you can't edit your post then provide me with the url and I can edit it for you.

Steve is still working on other mods and I'll just reply to this message when I have something else to tell you.

Alastair

Re: This weekend

Well I've taken back out the SHOUT box as I didn't like the space it took up in our header.

We are looking to bring back a Links system and Steve has got the basics installed but we still need to work on the basic configuration, etc.

I've also noted 3 other mods that look interesting....

Movie of the week
    Daily Flash Game
    Notepad

As it now usual we take a loot at these and if we decide they add value to the community we'll add them in and then decide if they are worth keeping.

In the case of Notepad... it looks as if we can each have out own notepad so we can use it to note down things as reminders or just help us gather some information together. Not yet sure how it will work in practice but looks to be worth trying at least.

Alastair

Comment

Re: This weekend

Ya weekend should be like this, after working of all the week there should be a get to gather, To enjoy life get to gather is the part of life,
      :pirate::laugh2:

Comment

Working...
      X