Roe deer cross my path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roe deer cross my path

On Monday 13 June 2011, I was walking my dog Sparky, in an estate close to my house.

Two deer ran across the road to my right, and into a wooded area, In a gap between the trees I saw one of them run through, but the other stopped, turned about, and looked straight at me.

By that time I had the camera out and took the photo which is attached.

Just the previous week a neighbour saw two fox cubs in his garden, and it is not unknown to have badgers prowling around.

We are very fortunate to have the park on the other side of houses to the rear of our back garden.

Ranald
    Attached Files

Re: Roe deer cross my path

See the flowers are out as well Ranald. Great picture.

Alastair

Comment

Ranald, I really appreciated the picture, as, of course, we don't have roe deer here in US. Nor do we have around here, those huge rhododendrons, which are blooming behind the deer. I miss seeing them, since I did live in GB for 3 years. Although down in England, East Anglia most of the time. However, did travel up into Scotland. Thanks, Joan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	young buck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	23494

Guess who came to dinner?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, animals can sometimes trust the human, and it is a great privilege for the person, should it ever be experienced.

Ranald

Comment

Hello Ranald:

I do enjoy the many that pass through my yard. But, I wish they were not so trusting. Unfortunately, their habitat has been consumed by the sprawl of ugly macmansions with their immaculate five acre lawns. All very sad. As the years pass, they have diminished in size, and some no bigger than my shepherd. So, when they happen by this crazy auld biddy gangs oot tae gie them a wee handoot.

Best, Lizzie.

Comment

Hey Ranald,
              Thanks so much for that picture. Something about you must have made the deer curious or it probably would have gone the way of the first one. We used to have deer (not Roe) by our property, but as several developments have moved this far out from Katy, they have all disappeared. We really enjoyed seeing them and their young.

Comment

Calf sees pony as mother figure on Beauly (Scotland) croft

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...lands-13988987

Let nature sort things out.

Ranald

Comment

Working...
                X