St Monans in spring Fife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Monans in spring Fife

Extract from a 60 minute video of vists to Fife during 2009. St Monans is a beautiful East Neuk fishing village. The full video covers this beautiful coastline from St Andrews to Dysart plus Falkland and Culross.

I also have lots of pictures of the East Neuk of Fife at

http://www.electricscotland.net/scotland/index.htm

Alastair

Re: St Monans in spring Fife

Alastair, very colorful and enoyed hearing them speak.
    Sounds like my friends who live in Gilmerton~ Edinburgh.
    :redrose:
    Marie

Comment

It is a lovely village and the people were very friendly Marie. I rented a cottage which looked over the church for a couple of months while waiting to get my work permit to get back to Canada. It was gorgeous weather as well so I got to take loads of pictures around the East Neuk.

Comment

Alastair,

The video and the photographs are great, (I'm checking out the photo's for about the third time :D).

The oldest section of my Scottish line (to date) came from Fife, then way down the line they married into the Kerr dynasty in the Falkirk area, so I have a keen interest in both areas.

---------------------------------

1. John BETT was born 8 Apr 1688 in Crail, Fife, Scotland. He married Isobell NORRIE 16 Oct 1709 in St Andrews & St Leonard Fife, Scotland. She was born ABT 1688 in St Edmonds, Fife, Scotland.

Child of John BETT and Isobell NORRIE is:

+ 2 i. John BETT was christened 17 Feb 1723 in Crail, Fife, Scotland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. John BETT (John BETT1) was christened 17 Feb 1723 in Crail, Fife, Scotland. He married Christian HOGGAN 26 Dec 1754 in Auchtertool, Fife, Scotland, daughter of Andrew HOGGAN and Kaitherine ADAMSON. She was christened 1 Mar 1730 in Auchertool, Fife, Scotland.

Children of John BETT and Christian HOGGAN are:

3 i. Katherine (Catharine) BETT was christened 23 Nov 1755 in Aberdour, Fife, Scotland. She married John MORRICE 12 Jan 1782 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland. He was born EST 1755.
        4 ii. James BETT was christened 16 Feb 1758 in Auchtertool, Fife, Scotland.
        5 iii. Isobel BETT was christened 2 Mar 1760 in Auchtertool, Fife, Scotland.
        6 iv. Margaret BETT was christened 5 May 1763 in Kinghorn, Fife, Scotland.
        + 7 v. Andrew Hoggan BETT was born 5 Sep 1767 in Aberdour, Fife, Scotland, was christened 13 Sep 1767 in Aberdour, Fife, Scotland.
        8 vi. Christian BETT was born 30 Jun 1773, was christened 12 Jul 1773 in Aberdour, Fife, Scotland.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

the Kerr side...............:eek::cool:

1. William KERR was born ABT 1780. He married Betty ROBIN ABT 1801 in Larbert, Stirling, Scotland. She was born ABT 1780 in Larbert or Airth, Stirling, Scotland.

Children of William KERR and Betty ROBIN are:

2 i. James KERR was born 6 Mar 1802 in Larbert, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 6 Mar 1802 in Larbert, Stirling, Scotland.
        3 ii. Mary KERR was born 6 Jun 1804 in Larbert, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 7 Jun 1804 in Larbert, Stirling, Scotland.
        + 4 iii. Andrew KERR was born 1805 in Larbert, Stirling, Scotland, and died 16 Dec 1850 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        5 iv. Elizabeth KERR was born EST Apr 1809 in Airth, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 30 Apr 1809 in Airth, Stirling, Scotland.
        6 v. Margaret KERR was born EST Jun 1811 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 16 Jun 1811 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        7 vi. William KERR was born EST 1814 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 21 Apr 1816 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        8 vii. John KERR was born EST May 1816 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 5 May 1816 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2

4. Andrew KERR (William KERR1) was born 1805 in Larbert, Stirling, Scotland, and died 16 Dec 1850 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland. He married Janet DICKSON 17 Dec 1827 in Falkirk, Stirling. Scotland, daughter of DICKSON and Janet LITHGOW. She was born ABT 1809, and died 9 Aug 1875 in Wooer St, Falkirk.

Children of Andrew KERR and Janet DICKSON are:

+ 9 i. William KERR was born 9 Nov 1828 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 9 Nov 1828 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, and died 21 Sep 1905 in Infirmary, Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        10 ii. Andrew KERR was born 24 Sep 1830 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 24 Sep 1830 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        + 11 iii. James KERR was born 10 Mar 1833 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 10 Mar 1833 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, and died 14 Dec 1900 in Falkirk, Stirling, Sct.
        12 iv. John KERR was born 8 Jun 1834 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 8 Jun 1834 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, and died EST 1835 in Falkirk, Scotland.
        13 v. John KERR was born 17 Apr 1836 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 17 Apr 1836 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        14 vi. Janet KERR was born 27 Feb 1838 in Falkirk, Stirling. Scotland, was christened 18 Mar 1838 in Falkirk, Stirling. Scotland, and died AFT 1881 in Falkirk, Scotland. She married John (Peter) KERR 13 Jun 1862 in United Presbyterian Church, Falkirk, Sct. He was born 1834 in Bainsford, Stirling, Sct, and died BEF 1881.
        15 vii. Elizabeth Andrew KERR was born 17 Jul 1840 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 26 Jul 1840 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        16 viii. Mary KERR was born 31 May 1842 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 19 Jun 1842 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        + 17 ix. Robert Johnstone KERR was born 11 Nov 1843 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 19 Nov 1843 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, and died 24 Aug 1924 in West Melbourne, Aust..
        18 x. Margaret Rennie KERR was born 17 Sep 1845 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland, was christened 12 Oct 1845 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland. She married William BROCK 14 Jul 1871 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland. He was born EST 1843 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland.
        19 xi. Thomas KERR was born 18 Apr 1847 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland

Comment

John Henderson did a series of pdf files at http://www.electricscotland.com/poet...rson/john5.htm

The Kerr Family of Coachmen and the Lords

You might find a link or two in that lot.

Alastair

Comment

Thank You Alastair for putting It here for all of us to see.
            Marie

Comment

This is a lovely presentation. I have only seen this by train when going up to Aberdeen.

Thanks Alastair!
              kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
              X