Getting ready for launch on 1st July.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for launch on 1st July.

This is for Euan and Gordon... as we're very near launch I wondered if either or both of you would like to provide us with a review of this service and to tell us what you might like about it as against the old system?

I thought I might include this in the next newsletter that will be used to launch the community and of course encourage folk to register.

If you can help in way would appreciate it.

Alastair

Re: Getting ready for launch on 1st July.

Well overall I've found it quite easy to use, the paler background colour took a short time to become familiar with (but I believe that can be varied)......photographs and videos (youtube etc.) were easy to upload, I even managed to insert my profile correctly ( I did tie myself in knots with the country flag for a while..:confused:).

The expanded variety of forums/topics has added extra interest and there should now be something available for all users to enjoy and add their own input on a particular topic.

I shall not comment on the Arcade section as I am not a player (poor gaming skills ).......I shall leave that question for Euan to answer.

To sum it all up.......the current Forum was very good....but this new addition is superior in all aspects......when all the current and new members transfer over they should be pleasantly surprised :cool:.

Congratulations to Alastair and Steve for all the hardwork/headaches this venture entailed.

Gordon

Comment

Hi Alastair, comparing this new Electric Scotland with the old, is like comparing apples with oranges. I think Yourself and Steve have done a marvelous job of trying to satisfy everyone. Firstly the Home page has so much more, a smorgasbord of news and links to all sorts of stuff. Due to time restrictions i haven't been able to dig too deep into what's available, but from what i have seen so far Electric Scotland could soon become my home page.
      I particularly like the Widgets on the left of the main page,as time goes by and more content is added, i can see this being a popular spot for people , the links on the right of the main page to Recent Blog Posts, and Forum posts is a great idea.Everything is within a few mouse clicks.
      The Electric Scotland community Forums, which for most of our members will no doubt be a new home, far exceeds what was available on the "old" site, and as membership grows, i can see more people joining in and posting.
      I think,over time when membership increases and we can encourage a large interactive group, to post and utilize the chatroom Electric Scotland could become a more enjoyable place than it was in it's heyday.
      Alastair, yourself and Steve have certainly showed with the work you have done on Electric Scotland that you are serious about providing a home for Scots spread out over the world, and for anyone who has an interest in everything Scottish.
      In fact, as of now, Electric Scotland has now become my "Home" page.
      Well done!
      Euan..

Comment

Many thanks to you both for those reviews and I've used them in this weeks newsletter.

Haven't heard from Steve over the past 24 hours but he did forward an email to me so I know he's alive. Not much more to do to get us into launch mode so hopefully he'll come out of hiding to complete the initial stage in time for launch.

Alastair

Comment

BTW did you try the Widgets in the Widgets forum?

Alastair

Comment

Like the new format. Here in NZ was faster to load. Like the logo at top - looks really good.

Comment

Thanks and glad you like the logo :)

Alastair

Comment

Working...
              X