Site down on 8th June 2011 due to fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site down on 8th June 2011 due to fire

There was a fire at Steve’s home where our servers are and hence the downtime. Apparently there was no-one in the house and a neighbour saw smoke coming from it and phoned the emergency services. They cut power to the house as a matter of course and then fought the fire. I’m told that the kitchen was gutted but the rest of the house made it but with heavy smoke damage. They went into the basement where we have our servers to help vent the smoke from the house. This meant they had to break through 2 boarded up windows to do that.

Problem with that was that the servers needed cleaning with us keeping our fingers crossed no damage had been done. And so it was close to midnight before we came back up. The power has to stay off until an inspection is done by the power company. This meant we had to fire up a generator to get temporary power.

So that’s the tale of woe and the reason you couldn't get onto the site for a chunk of Friday.

Alastair

Re: Site down on 8th June 2011 due to fire

Quite apart from your own worry and the es, my heart goes out to Steve, as without a kitchen, he will be in real trouble.

As for food, I am sure Steve will have a collection of mice, which he could have with chips from old computers ! :shocked:

Ranald

Comment

Re: Site down on 8th June 2011 due to fire

Wow! Poor Steve. I hope he has good insurance!

Comment

Working...
      X