Marie Orr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marie Orr

Just been advised by her daughter Patty that her mother, Marie Orr, passed away on July 8th 2011.

I don't have any further details at this time but know that several in here will remember her.

Alastair

Re: Marie Orr

Alastair, that is sad news about Marie.... a very regular contributor to es for many years

It was only on Friday the 8th of last month that she replied to a message on the board.

A few years age we exchanged emails, about the area where she lived, and I sent a Google (screen capture) picture of her house!

Her daughter will not be wishing contact from us just now.

However should you have a way of making contact, please pass to the family our sympathy and our prayers.

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 13 July 2011, 18:36. Reason: incorrect month given

Comment

Her daughter got in touch and provided a web address to see her obituary but here it is here and I'll also include the link at the end...

Marie P. (Brown) Rimasse, 90, of Fair Lawn, NJ passed away on Friday, July 8, 2011 at home surrounded by her loving family. Born and raised in Essex County, NJ, she resided in Saddle Brook for fifty-five years before moving to Fair Lawn eight years ago. Proud of her Scottish roots, she was a member of Electric Scotland . Marie will be remember for her love of animals.

Prior to retiring, Marie was a registered nurse . Her forty year career in nursing included employment with Passaic General Hospital, Saddle Brook Hospital and also private duty care.

Beloved wife of the late Howard Rimasse. Loving and devoted mother of Kevin Rimasse and companion, Aileen Gilbert and Patricia R. Adler and husband, Wendell. Dear sister of Elizabeth Brown, Margaret Van Brunt, George Brown and the late Anne Estes, Amanda Monaghan and Arthur, Allton and William Brown.

A funeral mass is planned for Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 10:30 am at St. Anne R.C. Church, 15-05 St. Anne Street, Fair Lawn, NJ. Interment will follow at George Washington Memorial Park in Paramus. The family will receive relatives and friends Monday 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm at Vander Plaat Colonial Home, Inc., 13-31 Saddle River Road Fair Lawn, NJ, 201-797-3500.

In lieu of flowers donations in memory of Marie may be made to an animal shelter of choice or the American Cancer Society, 20 Mercer Street, Hackensack, NJ 07601.

http://www.vpfairlawn.com/obituaries...ry.asp?id=4041

Alastair

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. Marie and I were regular email friends, in fact, the last email I received from her was on the day of her death, so I hadn't yet noticed that I hadn't heard from her for a while.

Elda

Comment

I will miss Marie as she was so helpful to me when my husband passed away 2 years ago. She sent regular emails and we also chatted on line many times.

R.I.P Marie, hope there is a nice computer where you have gone.. Mary xxx

Comment

I don't know what to say to everyone on E.S. except thank you for your kind words. Mom loved to use her pc. When we gave it to her 14 years ago for Christmas, she said, “Now what am I going to do with this?” She did plenty! She researched her genealogy and found proof that her family name was Orr. She shopped on line, paid her bills on line, read the news on line, emailed her family and friends, made birthday and Christmas cards, and googled anything that popped into her head. It will take me awhile to put it all together but I will post her bio.

Her daughter,
            Patty

Comment

Hi Patty... nice to see you in here where you mum spent some of her time and I'm sure we all look forward to reading her bio.

Alastair

Comment

I just learned of Marie's death and mere words cannot express the sorrow I feel at the loss of my long-time friend. She and I first met here in ES at least 14 years ago and have kept in touch through the years. She will truly be missed by those of us who knew and loved her. I am so sad. May she rest in peace.
                She who laughs, lasts

Comment

Rest
                  In
                  Peace
                  author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
                  http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
                  author page:
                  http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

Marie, was indeed a gem! She will always be apart of the Electric Scotland community. My thoughts and deepest condolences go out to her family.
                    With deep affection,
                    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

I am just shocked at this news. Loved Marie she was a sweetheart , never had anything bad to say about anyone, I would never have guessed she was 90, she manuevered around the internet and her computer so well,
                      I will miss her cheery emails, and the way she always kept me up to date on the ups and downs of ES
                      Rest in Peace my friend

Comment

Working...
                      X