Rupert Murdoch???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupert Murdoch???

Well I guess you can make an empire fall, or at least crumble a bit. I know that he will never be punished directly, but that is how it always goes. Everyone around him will be held liable. Just wondering how everyone feels about the "We Are Sorry" statement. I feel so bad for him that I want to tell him I forgive him. Any comments?

Re: Rupert Murdoch???

As a Texas lady, I'm sure that you're familiar with the reality that politics and money go hand in hand. Money talks and bull [flop] walks. As long as Mr. Murdoch is wealthy, he will not likely be held to the same standard as the less well off.

Comment

Diane, & Miolchu....The way I see it, firstly, Rupert Murdoch is a man who has been in CONTROL with his companies & millions for a long time. Don't know very much personal about the man, but those who've always been in control really CANNOT HANDLE losing that control. I believe he's quite elderly, at least the way he looks.

I doubt if he's truly sorry about anything. If he was repentant, he should have kept a better "eye" on things in his own companies, & newspapers. I would quite frankly believe that he's only sorry that they got caught! Just my own opinion! Joan

Comment

Not knowing she was already dead, and believing she was responsible, imagine the hope in the hearts of the teenager's family when the hacker deleted some of her voice mail to gain more titillating tit-bits. Think of the evil lurking in a mind that could be so callous. I hope he gets his comeuppance big time.

Did the knowledge of this kind of behavior go to the top? Fabulous wealth is not earned being nice but leaves many human wrecks by the wayside.

Oh, dear! Am I setting the cat among the pigeons again with my frankness?

Comment

Lads and Lassies.........................

One of the 'many bio's' on Murdoch.............

Reunderstanding Rupert Murdoch
          Michael Wolff's new biography accepts the mogul on his own sordid terms.

Michael Wolff surmises in the opening pages of The Man Who Owns the News: Inside the Secret World of Rupert Murdoch that the News Corp. chairman and CEO submitted to 50 hours of interviews and directed family and business associates to speak on the record for the biography because he sensed that Wolff had the "same contempt" for "many of his enemies—particularly the journalistic priesthood."

Wolff, who writes about media, politics, and power for Vanity Fair, cultivates a cynical and dark image for himself, so Murdoch made a logical bet when he wagered that their shared blackheartedness would produce a flattering biography. But Murdoch bet wrong.

Now read on at the link........ http://www.slate.com/id/2205748/

Also....................

Rupert Murdoch Biography
          (Keith Rupert Murdoch)
          Born: 11-03-1931

Birth Place: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Australian born, American made, he’s created a media empire that’s dominated print, TV, film and the net. His blend of liberal conservatism has changed the way we think but accusations of inappropriate influence on politicians persist. He can perhaps never be forgiven for inflicting Piers Morgan on us but, he can still take a joke, as his frequent parodying on ‘The Simpsons’, a show he owns, demonstrates.

http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk...t-murdoch.html

Comment

During this past week, Wolff has been a regular on Current TV with Obermann (?). He implies his dislike of Murdoch and his shenanigans with calm vacuousness. Quite amusing the lack of emotion as he spews forth.

Comment

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall..All the king's horses and all the king's men could not put Humpty back together again...
              kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Not quite Rupert Murdoch, however there are similarities in this story from "Downunder'

There are days when politics just gives me the sheets
                By ABC's Annabel Crabb
                Posted July 21, 2011 15:30:51

An alternate title could well be........ What's that Red Headed Rottweiler,her cohorts and the Opposition Budgie Smuggler doing now????

I am staying in bed today. Partly because I don't feel very well. But mainly because - having invested some time earlier today in electronic consumption of the news media - I have made the call. I am not going outside, because it's just getting too silly out there. Here are some reasons, in no particular order:

1. The Federal Government has responded to the transfixing drama unfolding in the UK media and political establishment by announcing its stout intention to take action on privacy. Thus neither addressing their own actual concerns about how the media operates in Australia, nor offering any more protection against the horrible practice of phone-hacking than is offered right now by Australia's established telecommunications laws and the informal, but nonetheless not-inconsiderable protection afforded by the fact that Australian journalists just don't actually do it. I mean, privacy is a huge problem more broadly, and it's perfectly reasonable for the Government to dust off the Australian Law Reform Commission's 2008 paper, but to sell it as a response, somehow, to the Murdoch thing? The Government might hate the Daily Tele, but you're in vastly greater danger of having your privacy invaded by Google, or the gaming site that tracks your 12-year-old son's physical location via his smartphone, than you are to fall victim to random phone-hacking on this continent.

The Prime Minister declares there are "serious questions" News Limited needs to answer, but seems temporarily unable to remember what they are. Or perhaps her kittenish reticence on this key point is because the main serious question she wants answered - "Why have you got your foot on my throat, you bastards?" is difficult to phrase, publicly. The answer, by the way, is: "Because we think you're a goner, Bluey," but we'll never hear it, because our "national debate" is going to be about something else entirely. Verdict: Stay in bed.

2. Tony Abbott is claiming he never supported an emissions trading scheme. Jaded observers will interpret this as simply another instance of Abbott revisionism, but I think it's a crucial new development. It demonstrates that the Leader of the Opposition is now prepared to deny even things that he has put in writing. Moreover, The Age references a recent public meeting in South Dandenong at which Mr Abbott explained to the audience why carbon dioxide is difficult to measure in the atmosphere: "It's actually pretty hard to do thus because carbon dioxide is invisible and it's weightless and you can't smell it." Having thus rendered carbon dioxide formally non-existent, Mr Abbott nevertheless maintains his intention to give this wily non-gas a hard time in the years between now and 2020, by soaking it up with extra trees and burying pellets of it in people's paddocks. But he will encourage new brown-coal power stations, apparently: Verdict: Stay In Bed. Place Pillow Over Face.

3. Kevin Rudd, in his latest promotional interview for the moving blockbuster Rudd biopic due in August - Not Without My Aorta - confides to The Courier Mail that he expects his forthcoming surgery to boost his energy levels. "Quite seriously, doctors do warn that one of the offshoots from this operation is that you do get a new lease of life," The Foreign Minister explained listlessly, as he mooched off to the East Asia Summit in Indonesia, to be followed by a round of ASEAN meetings and a visit to the Kenya/Somalia border to check that the World Food Programme is still where he left it. Kevin Rudd's heart surgery is being micromanaged with a Ruddesque degree of attention to detail.

The Foreign Minister's press release yesterday offered his cardiologist for interview, though not - alas - the donor of the valve, who hails from the porcine world and is unlikely to have survived the donation process. Only the unrepealable laws of anaesthetics, one suspects, prevent Mr Rudd from doing the surgery himself. Eight weeks of recuperation will be required, but the Foreign Minister has engaged every known means of communication to reassure fans that he will be alert, engaged, on the phone, in no way going anywhere, and definitely running for Griffith again in 2014. With a new supply of energy. Verdict: Hide Under The Covers.

Annabel Crabb is the ABC's chief online political writer.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-2...sheets/2804736
                Last edited by 1938 Observer; 21 July 2011, 22:13. Reason: forgot to show link

Comment

Working...
                X