Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great start to the day!

Originally posted by Lizzie View Post
    Thanks, Ranald for your good wishes! Sad news fellows! Regardless of what a gorgeous pup he was, how perfect he was on our hike, he did have a problem with my cats. And so. the previous owner and I came to the decision that another home would be more suitable for him as it would probably be a continuous battle. Being a sweet pup, I was sad to give him up but it was the best decision for his future. But the joy of that hike with four paws at my side has made me even more determined to find that pup that's just the right fit for it and me.
    Hey Lizzie,

My daughter had to replace one of her dogs a couple of years ago and had a similar experience, a beautiful little pup [it had VERY large feet], eventually after a couple of months the body caught up and it turned out to be too boistrous for her small sons and her other dog [but it went to another good home and is thriving].
    The search went on for another dog to be a companion to her existing pooch [Hamish] a Border Collie Spaniel Cross. finally they came across the perfect solution.....a Beagle..King Charles Spaniel Cross..........She is the same size as a Beagle, smooth coated,floppy ears and a delightful white and tan mixture, with the rounded muzzle similar to the King Charles.............she has a beautiful nature and is full of energy and has bonded perfectly with Hamish.......Her name is Coco.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...monthsmall.jpg

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images21...lesSpaniel.jpg

The links above will give you some general idea of how she appears.
    Last edited by 1938 Observer; 11 May 2013, 23:03. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi Liz,
      sorry to hear that news. When we got Jack a few years ago we still had 4 cats and we were told that cats and Jack Russells just do not mix. That was certainly the case for a number of days but we persevered and everyone worked out the pecking order - with our tiny Siamese as the top boss. Still did not stop Jack from going for every other cat he ever came across...

Sandy

Comment

HI, Sandy...Yes, I also had a Jack Russell terrier, got her when my Airedale terrier was 7 yrs old. The little one would start fights, & the bigger one would eventually pick her "sister" up by the scruff of her neck & shake her. God only knows what would have happened IF I'd put Cleo in amongst my 3 cats inside now. (Cleo died several yrs ago at the age of 15.) Pats to the back for your perseverance. Joan

Comment

Hi Joan,
          we lost Jack to cancer last autumn and I do miss him. But we are definitely not getting another dog. We can now even think of actually going on holiday together. Mind you I stress the "think"!!!~~~

Sandy

Comment

Well, Folks, I'm back on the 'plook' with a shepherd by my side. Actually, the pup is my Charlie's best bud, the one I trained for the old man who passed away. When the old man passed I couldn't take him in with Charlie's cancer, and a neighbor did. They were like bookends, two black and tan shepherds. It was a beautiful site to see them in years past running shoulder to shoulder on the plook. Whenever they met it was kissie, kissie licking each other's face. Now the present owner is in hospital and looking at another two surgeries. So, I may have him for a while.
            The plook was quite gorgeous yesterday with ferns sprouting and the trees coming into full bloom somewhat late with the length of the winter we have 'suffered'. So, four legs have added a delightful dimension to my life as I feel committed to walk the beastie.

Comment

Lizzie,
              I'm glad you have another "four Legged Friend" at last, it adds a whole new dimension to life, great therapy and companionship.:cool:

Gordon.:angelic:

Comment

Hello Gordon:

For the first time in many moons I was hiking up the plook (as Sandy would call it) this morning at 7.15am. What a joy to be up there again in the coolness of the morning. My four-legged friend announced his exhilaration with a few prancing jigs around me. I had forgotten what a pleasure it is to be in a wooded area with the only human intrusion the paths winding through the trees and ferns. To be repeated again and again!

Comment

Working...
                X