Great start to the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great start to the day!

Went for a hike this morning up a mountain. (It would be called a pimple in Scotland) Not another human soul around. It was glorious with the morning sun filtering through the virgin wood, a gentle breeze rustling the leaves and stirring the ferns. I feel GREAT! Ready to attack the day or whatever!!!:laugh2:

Re: Great start to the day!

Yes, a great way to start a day, refreshes the body and the mind.

Ranald

Comment

Well Liz as long as it was not a 'plook' that you climbed it does sound as if you had a great start to your day. Much better than mine.
      For the last 4 days I have been up in Northern Canada - 7 hour time difference from home and on top of that I have been dealing with people in Australia (16 hours ahead) and Malaysia (11.5 ahead) and the UK. So I have no idea whether I am coming or if I have already been!!!
      At least the weather has not been too bad - with the first rain today.

Sandy

Comment

Well, Sandy, you didn't lose your sense of humor with your international dealings. Your 'plook' promoted a good belly giggle. I got a good start to the day but the rest went downhill as I grabbed a pic and spade and proceeded to finish a ditch I had been digging - 100ft long. When it hit 90F I retreated.
        Been walking Charlie's best buddy. I had been training a shepherd several years ago for an old fellow down the road. The old man died. His wish was for the dog to come to me. Long story. I tracked him to a shelter several months ago and rescued him. As I couldn't take him in with Charlie's condition, a neighbor offered. But, Charlie got to say goodbye to his best friend. Still having dark moments.

Comment

Lizzie....I've been trying to figure out where in New Jersey is a "mountain"? I do know that it has forest, also I remember something about "barrens", and/or swampy area. Let us know about the mountain. We here have extremely tall hills near the Ohio, & the Whitewater Rivers, but no mountains. I have an enquiring mind....at least that's what a friend told me years ago. I enjoy your being on the forum with all of us!!! Thanks, Joan

Comment

Hi,
            it's good that you managed to track down Charlie's pal. You'll always remember Charlie. To this day I sometimes call our dog by the 'old' name and we've been together for 7 years.
            I know Bobby won't mind. Dark days are not necessarily bad, they do remind us of our humanity and frailty.

Sandy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	top of the mountain 2010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	856.9 KB
ID:	23496Hello Joan:

I live in Sussex County in the Northwest corner of NJ in the 'mountainous' region of the state. Actually, we have three successful ski operations. The area is considered the inland recreational mecca of NJ with many lakes and a multitude of golf courses, many championship quality. When I first came to live here, I found a concentration of airline pilots attracted by the recreational opportunities. Eventually, they dispersed to live elsewhere with the concentration of the hubs throughout the country. I'm attaching a pic. of Lake Mohawk in Sparta where I live. This is the view from the top of the pimple, or as Sandy called it the plook I climb. And thanks for your very kind words.

Liz.

Comment

Lizzie, I am impressed!!! I know a place nearby that IF I took a picture from its top, it would look similar to your picture!! Although its name is English Hill.

What a lovely area! I envy you the ability to get out & walk/hike up to the top! I am looking forward to going down to Cumberland Gap, perhaps in September, where there are mountains, mainly called Pine Mountain, which is a range. Look on a map for Pineville, Kentucky & then Middlesboro, KY. That area is Pine Mountain. The Gap is just south of Middlesboro. Take care, Joan

Comment

Day start with hop full thoughts in mind, your mind would be clear to do your daily and office work. Morning walk and exercise is very good to sooth the body.Meet with parents and other elders near you.start the day with positive happy thoughts.
                  :pirate::laugh2:

Comment

Hello Folks:

Well, I took the plunge and headed back up my old walk. Felt strange without my Charlie at my side. But, over the weekend I went to a Rescue Adoption being carried out locally and informed of my interest in adopting a shepherd. So, maybe by Spring I'll be having great starts to the day again.

Comment

Had the best start to the day in a long while. Took to the 'plook' with a new hiking bud - four-legged one! Adopted a ten month old male shepherd yesterday. Lord help me! He's a big stupid pup with no manners - apparently little training - does not know his size - but seems very sweet. When I first met him I asked for the leash to see if I could hold him. I took that as a him or me situation. I won! :laugh2: I'll put up a pic. soon. He's handsome!

Comment

Hi Lizzie, does your 'male shepherd' have a crook ? :smile:

It sounds that you are going to be kept busy, as he will need a lot of training, remember you are the boss !

Good wishes.

Ranald

Comment

Hi Liz, so you have capitulated...~~~
                          I'm back over the pond again. Got in yesterday. Having opened my pool in Oakville on Thursday I came back to a bloody gale and pouring rain...

I am sure we shall not get another dog. I just have to make the trip West and have a ready made one!!
                          Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie View Post
                            Had the best start to the day in a long while. Took to the 'plook' with a new hiking bud - four-legged one! Adopted a ten month old male shepherd yesterday. Lord help me! He's a big stupid pup with no manners - apparently little training - does not know his size - but seems very sweet. When I first met him I asked for the leash to see if I could hold him. I took that as a him or me situation. I won! :laugh2: I'll put up a pic. soon. He's handsome!
                            Hi Lizzie,

This is not quite a Shepherd..................but..............we get the picture!!!!! http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/bQRUe2xXfJs/mqdefault.jpg

and

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BNf3ZjvBYs...Untitled-7.jpg

Comment

Thanks, Ranald for your good wishes! Sad news fellows! Regardless of what a gorgeous pup he was, how perfect he was on our hike, he did have a problem with my cats. And so. the previous owner and I came to the decision that another home would be more suitable for him as it would probably be a continuous battle. Being a sweet pup, I was sad to give him up but it was the best decision for his future. But the joy of that hike with four paws at my side has made me even more determined to find that pup that's just the right fit for it and me.

Comment

Working...
                              X