Al Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Past

Al Past became an author after a life as a husband and father, a musician, a Naval officer, and a professor of English for 30 years. His first book is still selling: a collection of arrangements of baroque masterpieces for two treble clef instruments (Charles Colin Publications). He has also collaborated with author Barry Yelton, providing the photographs to accompany Mr. Yelton's lovely poetry in On Wings of Gentle Power (Strider Nolan Media).

After concluding his teaching career, he wrote the first volume of the popular Distant Cousin series, the highly readable and original tale of Ana Darcy, the young woman who returned to Earth. Readers who fell in love with Ana have enjoyed following her adventures through the years in the four companion volumes to date: Distant Cousin: Repatriation, Distant Cousin: Reincarnation, Distant Cousin: Regeneration, and Distant Cousin: Recirculation.

Dr. Past has become a devoted owner of a Kindle 2, and is delighted that so many others have been able to become acquainted with Ana Darcy in this modern, convenient, and affordable format.

So that's the background and I have just finished the fifth book in the series and must say I've very much enjoyed them.

I might add that the heroine comes from a planet many light years away from earth. It appears that an alien race several thousand years ago kidnapped a tribe on earth and then dumped them on this planet. Over the years they have become quite advanced and have been trying to find their original home and having found radio emissions coming from Earth they build a space ship to visit the planet to see whether it might be their "home". Our heroine is the sole inhabitant of this space ship and while studying earth from the moon her computer sidekick discovers that two meteorites are due to collide in around 4 years time and if nothing is done the resulting collision will destroy the earth. She therefore decides to visit earth and warn them of this possible catastrophe despite being instructed by her people not to make contact. And so this is how contact starts and all the adventures that follow.

Alastair
Working...
X