Caledonian, unhealthy groups???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caledonian, unhealthy groups???

I am laughing so hard here at your last comment. I had to post here so you would know I am not angry nor have I taken any offence by your remarks.

You say I am involved with dangerous groups.

I don't know how in the world me honouring our veterans and the fact I am a Christian can be dangerous. I am not a pistol packing Mama only a big fan of King Arthur.

I may look at things differently but I allow my instincts to lead me. It is a proven fact, women are the best when it comes to having a 'gut feeling'....

You men tend to be very lopsided because you aren't capable of taking a chance and allowing it to pay off or failing big time..

At least with me, I am never boring...

Cheers ;)
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Caledonian, unhealthy groups???

I am glad that you take my comments as they are intended, without malice. Merely my way of showing a different perspective on people and events in history and on ceremonies you participate in that appear to have been hijacked by people who have turned the events being commemorated into pagan rituals.

Where I come from Christians don’t do war dances and chanting in the middle of fields. They simply don’t go in for that sort of thing. They would not stand for others doing it either.

I’m sure you’re right, women are better at that sort of thing. I couldn’t possibly comment, if I said it I would be accused of chauvinism. I’m not sure what sort of pay-off I should expect from behaving like a howling Dervish.

You are also spot on when you say that with you it’s never boring. I’m sure that, with the right medication, following you round those events would be a hoot.

Comment

No medication is needed. Lolol.. I guess you are not a natural highlander? They tend to understand. I didn't do it in front of all those Lords and Ladies..I did have the courtesy to wait until the ceremony was over and go out to the middle of the field alone... Wot ya think I am totally ditzy?

I found ancient Highland Customs after I got home from my strange experience.. It states the Gael's had a ritual called Diesels in which they circled everything three times when it was something that may be dangerous or life threatening or painful. Hey, I did very good by my Stewart/MacNeil ancestors!

Not bad for a ginger!

At times, the Gàidhlig that's offered is also a little problemmatic. Spelling is a recurring problem - mixing both old and modern orthography, as well as a lot of spelling mistakes, and some errors are downright unfortunate (the Diesel Turn, instead of the the Deiseil Turn), but not something that couldn't be corrected in further editions with thorough proofing. As it is, though, while these will be easily spotted by anyone who knows what they're looking for, it will make the job of reading through and correctly pronouncing certain parts for others, who may be less advanced or confident in their understanding of Gàidhlig, more difficult.

http://tairis-cr.blogspot.com/2011/0...heathenry.html
      Last edited by Kelly d; 4 August 2011, 14:43. Reason: insert link

Comment

I am relieved to hear that you don’t do it in front of the Lords and Ladies. I’m sure there must be laws against it, or if there isn’t there should be.

Whatever I thought before about the extent of your ditzyness, after reading some of the stuff at the web address you supplied, I believe I may have been mistaken. The people on there take ditzyness to a hitherto unexplored level. They certainly aren’t Islanders.

Back in the 1980s when they began closing down the asylums and introduced the concept of ‘Care in the Community’ I thought the policy would be disastrous. Little did I realise then that it would come to this, whole covens of Celtic Reconstructionists, Gaelic Polytheists, Gaelic Heathens, roaming the Highlands unchecked. Rarely have I read such unadulterated rubbish. There was me thinking Diesel Turn was driving round the byroads between Fort William and Kyle of Lochalsh looking for fuel pumps to fill the Land Rover.

I can’t make up my mind if ‘Ikindé Skréja Ominnsaer’ is the author’s name, a pagan chant or a heathen curse. She says “I suspect that the problem may go deeper than spelling and orthography”. Well she’s right there. When she says “I'm just not sure it's quite there” she should have said “I’m just not sure I’m quite all there”.

I’m not sure what a ginger is, is it another cult following that you’re involved with?

On the night the Wolf of Badenoch died it is said there was a terrible storm, thunder and lightning rent the skies. A heavily cloaked and hooded figure was seen entering the castle, eating and drinking and playing chess with him.

In the morning all the retainers were found dead outside the castle walls, killed as if by lightning. The Wolf himself was found dead inside, but with no sign of how he died save that the nails had been pulled out of his boots. It might have been a DIY fanatic, there was no B&Q or WalMart in those days, but I think there was something more spooky going on, especially as the hooded figure was said to have called out before he left that he wasn’t done with that family yet.

In addition to the cautions I advised you to take before, I suggest that on dark nights you don’t let anybody in wearing a hood and make sure that your door is bolted.

Check out this site all about the Céile Dé for an insight into early Christianity in the Highlands.

http://www.ceilede.co.uk

I’m not sure about being a ‘natural Highlander’ but up till now I always thought I was a normal one. Now I am finding myself questioning my sanity.

Comment

I’m not sure about being a ‘natural Highlander’ but up till now I always thought I was a normal one. Now I am finding myself questioning my sanity.
          I know I lost mine ages ago. Especially a Texan coming to the North East of England to live...something must have been a miss...

Teasing, the UK has been very good to my children and myself under the circumstances.

Your postings are evident of one factor, people tend to say Texans are full of it, I can honestly say, we come by it naturally.
          This must be the case in my borderline insanity because it looks as though you may approve ;)

I will have a good long look at your link. You are chuck full of excellent information.

The only dark hooded figure to come and claim me will be the reaper...then he has a fight on his hands.

Comment

They do some "Strange" things in Canada also.....................:tongue:

I thing this lot have been on the old 'Wacky Weed".........

Toronto blessing

Comment

Very very good! :) lololol...laid out in the spirit..

Comment

I don't think this was in Toronto.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                X